FCG Meeting - 7th December

OutByEaster?

Slightly defensive answers by the club here. I think they need to tweak some of their communications given the feedback from the fans.   

I am not sure why they have removed access to the women's games to season ticket holders. If they want to grow that sector then making 30,000 people pay for a product instead of trying it for a bit doesn't seem a great idea.

I am pleased they have seemed to have escalated the transport issues by talking to the relevant authorities as this needs to be addressed asap.

Edited by The Fun Factory

3 minutes ago, Rodders said:

to the fans who complained about this:

The club wished Gareth Southgate a happy birthday across its social media channels despite his unpopularity among the fanbase. 

**** jump off a cliff and drown you sad, pathetic embarrassments. 

Thanks

lol fans actually went out of their way to raise this as a complaint to the club? that is embarrassing af coming from adults XD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

to the fans who complained about this:

The club wished Gareth Southgate a happy birthday across its social media channels despite his unpopularity among the fanbase. 

**** jump off a cliff and drown you sad, pathetic embarrassments. 

Thanks

I'm stunned they included this as a question. Pathetic. The club response was spot on.

• Like 4

Lots of cop outs there. Not acknowledging most of the issues.

The website continues to be an absolute piece of shit, so to say the criticism is unjust isn't a great response to be honest

I complained most strongly about the 3 week delay to get paid after selling my ticket for the Brentford game. At the time it really annoyed me.

However I do think we should look at the bigger picture:-

.......we've had worse owners !

2 hours ago, jim said:

I'm stunned they included this as a question. Pathetic. The club response was spot on.

hopefully the last of those sorts of questions. the club would be within their rights to sack these meetings off if they continue to get these. the 'welcome back grealish' wasn't well received either but not sure it warrants being raised in the next FCG meeting, which i can see happening

The only thing that would have made that Southgate question funnier is if there were also one about the welcome back video for Grealish, given the drama around him not getting picked by Southgate was what caused the dislike initially.

20 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

With regards to posting the result of games when we play highlights / full match replays, in a modern digital age, there must be very few supporters who do not know the result of a game when we are able to broadcast footage – sometimes this is the following day due to holdback restrictions.

Hang on, no media outlet reports the scores for U23 / U18 games.

Was it made clear to them that we arent complaining about the premier league results?

I dont get the chance to watch the U23s live as it usually clashes with a premier league game or something else that I give preference to and like to put it on when I go to bed.. but they give the score away in the video heading.

Theyve completely dismissed these concerns like they dont exist, well on that basis I wont be signing up for it next season. I'm not watching 90 minutes of football when I know the result, if they think thats not an issue then they dont know what football is about.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Hang on, no media outlet reports the scores for U23 / U18 games.

Was it made clear to them that we arent complaining about the premier league results?

I dont get the chance to watch the U23s live as it usually clashes with a premier league game or something else that I give preference to and like to put it on when I go to bed.. but they give the score away in the video heading.

Theyve completely dismissed these concerns like they dont exist, well on that basis I wont be signing up for it next season. I'm not watching 90 minutes of football when I know the result, if they think thats not an issue then they dont know what football is about.

See the follow up post from OBE explaining that the notes were printed before the meeting  and during the meeting your points were made clear. Following this, the club agreed to look into what options they have as they'd under appreciated how some people might still not know the score (e.g. foreign based fans and those watching u23 games like yourself)

For example, there a couple of areas where following the meeting, the group and club are a little closer together than the notes suggest; for example on including results in highlights, where it is really difficult to avoid finding out the result if you live in England, but much simpler if you're in Minnesota or Perth and they've taken that on board, whether they can make a change I don't know, but there's better understanding.

If they continue to ignore the ask then the criticism is deserved. 

Edited by MrBlack

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

See the follow up post from OBE explaining that the notes were printed before the meeting  and during the meeting your points were made clear. Following this, the club agreed to look into what options they have as they'd under appreciated how some people might still not know the score (e.g. foreign based fans and those watching u23 games like yourself)

If they continue to ignore the ask then the criticism is deserved. 

Reading the transcript, it genuinely looks like they are talking about the main team not the U23s / u18s. 

Which would make sense, as the official platforms dont really think they exist anyway, they only ever mention the womens team (apart from the mens team)

I imagine it's a difficult balancing act between airing the views of frothing-at-the-mouth nutters, and not wanting to personally curate the views of Villa fans and act like the moderator of what we all think. Thanks for doing your best and keeping us informed @OutByEaster?, you're never going to please everyone, and I wouldn't want to do it!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Okay, a hands up on the Southgate question - the group collects bits and pieces as they happen and then puts them together into the questions in the days in advance of the meeting. The Southgate question was based around a handful of comments on various websites and to a large extent to the reaction to the birthday tweet on Twitter - that reaction was horrendously bad with hundreds of negative comments - however, this is perhaps an important reminder that Twitter is not real life and that we almost definitely shouldn't be putting any weight behind comments that appear there - we won't in future.

I made the notes for this meeting and added the question to the agenda which was reviewed by the group and passed on to the club, so this one's on me - I let the noise get the better of me and got this one wrong - sorry.

Don’t worry dude, you were trying your best.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I always come away from reading these notes thinking the club are trolling us. 

For all the good they are doing on the pitch, off the pitch they come across as proper scumbags. 

This.

Light years behind where they should be considering how far the club has progressed on the pitch post-takeover.

Â