FCG Meeting - 7th December

OutByEaster?

5 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

Communications – the club put a statement out at a few months ago about supporters should bring evidence of their covid jabs with them to the game. No one at the ground has ever asked me about this. Can the club confirm if they are doing this on matchdays?

I’ve been asked a couple of times by these people.  They seem to be the people outside the ground wearing pink Hi-Vis vests.  

They don’t ask for evidence, they just ask what evidence I would provide if I was requested to do so, which from memory was what the club said is all they would do.

I haven’t seen many of these people but did notice supporters just walk past them without acknowledging them mostly.  I think most must assume they are raising money for charity or something.

Edited by nick76

15 hours ago, MNVillan said:

The website is an absolute cluster. My first experience trying to get into my account, link my claret membership, and then find my tickets was much harder than it should be.

Not the end of the world, but with how seamless everything is becoming these days, that was remarkably the opposite experience with the website.

Yep it is a mess. Things have obviously just been bolted on.

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I have a number of major concerns:

• Granting that the idea of fan rewards like signed shirts, trips with the team, or watching games with a club legend - all examples from Socios' website - are a good idea (I think they are), why do they need to be bought via a third party crypto company, rather than sold or auctioned by the club itself?
  • The website for 'Socios' makes clear that their 'fan tokens' can be traded, and their prices move in value - this is illustrated with graphs of rising and falling prices - but there are no warnings on the site about how investments can both rise and fall in value etc that you might expect from an investment product, or any 'when the fun stops stop' messaging that you might expect from a gambling product. The website says 'virtual currency wallet services' are 'registered and regulated in Estonia' - what protection, if any, is offered to British citizens from this Estonian regulation, particularly in light of leaving the EU?
  • Does anything stop children from joining or from purchasing or trading tokens (I can't see anything on the website?)
  • Given the collapse of Football Index this year, leading to many people losing huge amounts of money, did the club have any second thoughts before embarking on a commercial partnership with a risky, apparently unregulated financial product? What was the decision-making process, has it been risk assessed? Has the Socios product changed in any way from what it was in 2019 when West Ham supporters pressured the club into dropping their token because of many of these concerns?
  • The website promises that purchasers of fan tokens - who do not have to be fans of the team - get to vote on minor decisions to do with the team. What is the most important decision we would be prepared to put to a vote, consisting of an electorate with an unknown proportion of actual Villa fans? Under 'Fan Decisions', the website states 'In the past, Fan Token holders of other clubs have voted on a host of things, including kit designs, bus designs, official team motto, and even starting XI' - even writing the last one off as absurd, would we be prepared for random assortments of token owners to decide our kit design or motto?
  • The website also states (under 'Fan Rewards') that 'Fan Token holders will have VIP access to all home league, cup and European matches' - given that Villa Park now sells out most games, does this mean limited ticket availability for real fans in order to leave aside a number of seats for possible attendance from token owners? Will supporters be asked to purchase fan tokens *in addition* to season tickets in order to guarantee a seat at games?

The general impression I have of this partnership/commercial relationship is that we have entered a relationship with a risky, misleadingly-advertised, poorly- or non-regulated financial product with a number of potential downsides and little obvious upside, certainly nothing that couldn't be provided by the club themselves with some nous and organisation. I doubt I'm going to be persuaded otherwise, but I'd still like them to be grilled about this, and I'm interested in the answers.

I expect most Villa fans have no idea we are doing this. A lot still haven't cottoned onto the Villa Pride reward system which we have done for about 5 years. The rewards seem to be getting less. I think if I attend every game this season I might be able to get a beanie hat or a car sticker. We are having a right old whinge this time aren't we!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, MNVillan said:

The website is an absolute cluster. My first experience trying to get into my account, link my claret membership, and then find my tickets was much harder than it should be.

Not the end of the world, but with how seamless everything is becoming these days, that was remarkably the opposite experience with the website.

Same, trying to create a profile for my child to link to my account to so i can buy tickets for them cannot be done online. Had to be via a support email. Quite poor really.

29 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I expect most Villa fans have no idea we are doing this. A lot still haven't cottoned onto the Villa Pride reward system which we have done for about 5 years. The rewards seem to be getting less. I think if I attend every game this season I might be able to get a beanie hat or a car sticker. We are having a right old whinge this time aren't we!

Absolutely, and this in turn points to another issue with Socios fan tokens, which is that for all their talk of trading them, the market is probably going to be highly illiquid - how many people are *really* a] into crypto-adjacent investing and b] such die-hard Villa fans that they will be desperate for tokens for rewards; seems to me like a maximum of a few thousand people, who won't be buying or selling all the time - which then leads to dissatisfaction or even crisis when people want or need to monetise their token for financial reasons (I seem to recall that the illiquidity of the market was one of the many problems with Football Index).

1. I’m disabled and unable to use the bar/coffee stands in the trinity concourse.

2. Sky/BT matches no longer available in the concourse whereas they are in the Holte Suite.

3. Since reopening the Holte Suites food offer is appalling - Pie and Mash (no chips?) £8.50? Where’s the roast dinners gone?

4.The lounge used for the pre match quizzes is not accessible to wheelchair users. Go up in a lift and then have to walk down the steps!

5. We regularly attend away fixtures and facilities offered to the disabled - own bars/restaurants etc are so much better than our own. Our disability contact would be able to confirm this.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/11/2021 at 12:41, hansardtony said:

2. Sky/BT matches no longer available in the concourse whereas they are in the Holte Suite.

Just on the this one, the club aren't currently showing matches in the concourses as part of their reaction to Covid restrictions. Clubs are currently still being discouraged from encouraging fans to gather in enclosed spaces like the concourses. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

As far as AVTV goes can someone,anyone please tell them we do not want to know the score before kickoff.

I’d love that, we’d all make millions from the bookies 😂😂😂

p.s. I know what you mean really!

• Haha 1

On 24/11/2021 at 09:48, nick76 said:

I’ve been asked a couple of times by these people.  They seem to be the people outside the ground wearing pink Hi-Vis vests.  

They don’t ask for evidence, they just ask what evidence I would provide if I was requested to do so, which from memory was what the club said is all they would do.

I haven’t seen many of these people but did notice supporters just walk past them without acknowledging them mostly.  I think most must assume they are raising money for charity or something.

We got stopped by one of these people on Sunday. We all showed our NHS apps with vaccination status. It wasn't made clear what would happen if we couldn't. I'm assuming nothing.

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Scotland have been doing this for months. I went to a Celtic game in October and you had to have a covid pass to get in. Its inevitable they will do the same doon south.

If we do you can guarantee that Scotland will then stop doing it 😂😂

• Haha 1

On 23/11/2021 at 14:20, villarule123 said:

The food this year is attrocious. The quality of the food has always been really good, but this year it's become as bad as the supply and the service given.

That would be impressive in the North lower!

Â