Jump to content

Black Friday 2021


Genie
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • VT Supporter

Its not so much of a day anymore, more like a month.

Anyone had any good bargains?

I got myself and the children some stuff in a good sale at Adidas. If you order via the app and join the mail list it’s free delivery. You can also get a unique voucher code from here to bring prices down even more.

I could have swayed to get a new phone if a good iPhone deal deal emerges.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t buy now. Wait until March. Everything is always cheaper at the end of the financial year. Black Friday is an absolute con. Artificial lower prices due to slightly higher prices than normal over the last few months to make it seem like a bargain. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
Just now, Ingram85 said:

Don’t buy now. Wait until March. Everything is always cheaper at the end of the financial year. Black Friday is an absolute con. Artificial lower prices due to slightly higher prices than normal over the last few months. 

There’s certainly a need to know what is a real discount but there’s still lots of excellent deals around. 
Waiting till March is no good if you need stuff now, or for Christmas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Genie said:

Its not so much of a day anymore, more like a month.

Anyone had any good bargains?

I got myself and the children some stuff in a good sale at Adidas. If you order via the app and join the mail list it’s free delivery. You can also get a unique voucher code from here to bring prices down even more.

I could have swayed to get a new phone if a good iPhone deal deal emerges.

Cheers mate, just snagged the missus a Christmas present with 30% discount.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

its gone too far and the majority of the time the cynic in me says its just a way of funneling you towards buying some shit that they want you to buy rather than what you actually want / need, especially wary of electronic goods and the likes of tesco knocking 50% off 3 year old blaupunkt tvs

that said i will keep an eye on hotukdeals and see what comes up, will no doubt buy something on amazon even if its just a PS5 game (that i dont want / need)

edit - things like that adidas voucher, thats my preference id rather do that, had one last year, got my nephew a tracksuit for xmas, meant i saved about £8...so i bought the wife some trousers, my daughter a matching tracksuit and my niece some gymnast clobber for her birthday in january...i was happy cos i saved more, adidas were no doubt happy cos i spent more 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its gone too far and the majority of the time the cynic in me says its just a way of funneling you towards buying some shit that they want you to buy rather than what you actually want / need, especially wary of electronic goods and the likes of tesco knocking 50% off 3 year old blaupunkt tvs

that said i will keep an eye on hotukdeals and see what comes up, will no doubt buy something on amazon even if its just a PS5 game (that i dont want / need)

edit - things like that adidas voucher, thats my preference id rather do that, had one last year, got my nephew a tracksuit for xmas, meant i saved about £8...so i bought the wife some trousers, my daughter a matching tracksuit and my niece some gymnast clobber for her birthday in january...i was happy cos i saved more, adidas were no doubt happy cos i spent more 

It 100% is this.  It's the online equivalent of offers at the end of the aisle in supermarkets.  Things you don't need, but for cheaper... which makes you buy them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Its not so much of a day anymore, more like a month.

Anyone had any good bargains?

I got myself and the children some stuff in a good sale at Adidas. If you order via the app and join the mail list it’s free delivery. You can also get a unique voucher code from here to bring prices down even more.

I could have swayed to get a new phone if a good iPhone deal deal emerges.

@mottaloo might be interested for some tracksuit bottoms 👍

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, Xela said:

It's a shame the shops don't do it much now - used to love seeing people chin each other for a budget toaster in a South London ASDA. 

Isn't that what it was originally supposed to be, a massive loss leading buzz, 50" plasma for £100, toaster for a pound etc, queues formed everywhere,first come first served, a great, all be it, chaotic idea for the masses to get some genuine bargains.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, Xela said:

It's a shame the shops don't do it much now - used to love seeing people chin each other for a budget toaster in a South London ASDA. 

Nothing says Christmas more in my opinion.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Isn't that what it was originally supposed to be, a massive loss leading buzz, 50" plasma for £100, toaster for a pound etc, queues formed everywhere,first come first served, a great, all be it, chaotic idea for the masses to get some genuine bargains.

This is what happened though. People don't know how to behave

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Fleecy joggers, if you don't mind ! Esp grey ones cos they show up crotch wee stains best and they incur the wrath of @Xelaif i wear em in his manor 😉

First you in your joggers... now we have a Lidl. 

RIP Mere Green. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â