Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brighton

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/11/21 at 23:59

Could not go for covid reasons but watched it on the box.

Considering Gerrard has had a week and Potter 2 years I think our organisation was brilliant.   

Stayed in the game and then bang that goal the confidence returned and the players all believe in the process.

Ramsey was class carries the ball well and Marv and McGinn were great too.  Defence dealt with what was thrown at them and when they were breached Emi was there to mop up.

A good start to a new era hopefully we improve going forward now after that last 10.

Good subs from Gerrard.

Happy days!

I love Stevie G ! 😍🥰💕💜💙 

And Ollie W! So pleased and relieved for him, phew! Well, he was out for a few games at the start of the season, wasn't he? So I'm wondering if that's 3 goals from 9 games now maybe. 🤔 A goal every 3 games, pretty good scoring ratio. Back on track.

New manager bounce yeeaaahhhh!!!!! 🤩

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeepDish said:

I loved our first goal, as it was so much good play. From Nakamba nicking the ball and pass to Young's good pass, El Ghazi's run and than Watkin's move with the ball and finish.

Posted exactly the same thing just after you great minds and all 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I know almost nothing about the game apart from the score. Looking forward to MOTD later, how often does that get said?? 

Not very often, I'd wager. You wait until Match of the Day to see the goals? Do you live in 2004? :D 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Our summer recruitment has been shocking. Watkins can't play wide and looks better up top so how do you fit Ings in. Buendia I think will come good but Bailey............expensive showpony.

Good result.

Completely wrong. Watkins can play wide . He can compete with Bailey for a place

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Not very often, I'd wager. You wait until Match of the Day to see the goals? Do you live in 2004? :D 

I am anticipating Stevie G gets some good air time and extended highlights, probably not though. It’ll probably be the Ole farewell party.

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

To be added later so far looks to be well ahead of To be added later. 

I mistakenly voted for the wrong one.   So hard to tell identical twins apart when they dress alike.

• Like 2

El Ghazi is a championship player, but so was Buendia. Can we pretend we paid £38m for El Ghazi and actually play him. 

Similarly if Ings doesn't suit how we want to play, we can drop him. We don't have to pick the team based on how expensive the players were. Going two up top to accommodate Ings was Smith's end

We only conceded 6 shots whilst looking better in possession. I know we only had 37% but we kept it better for periods of time whereas previously I knew 3/4 passes and we’re done. 

mings was immense and I hope he keeps it up. But for me McGinn was brilliant. He kept the ball very well today usually he’s so sloppy in possession but today he was creative and solid with the ball.

Once the players have the fitness to play with the style of play they want. We looked physically stronger today and that helped us defensively. 

• Like 2

I've seen a few negative comments . Here's my contradictory post.

We were well organised, clearly the front 3 were told to let the ball go to the side when brighton had it. They operated as a unit. 

We tried to play through the middle more instead of to the wing with aimless balls crossed in. Buendia unluckynot to get an assist. 

Nakamba playing with more freedom looked solid and aggressive. 

I felt like we were just on top  but I didnt really think Brighton looked like creating much. 

We definitely played with purpose and moved the ball quicker.

Huge strides and an excellent performance. No negatives for me.

• Like 3

Perfect start for Gerrard. His persona is infectious love his pashun.

Much tighter and more organised at the back. All 5 had good games. Targett looked solid again, Mings & Konsa can start to get back to their best again now, Cash was all energy again and Emi made important stops at important times.

Nakamba decent, Ramsey and McGinn both very good I thought. Ginny MOTM for me.

Buendia miles off it still, looks a huge mistake for the outlay but lets see what Gerrard and the coaches can bring out of him. Ings disappointing I thought. All the subs did well so well played Steven Gerrard. Welcome to the  Villa; you’re one of us now. Have a good weekend lads 🍻 

• Like 4

Â