Parking near VP

alreadyexists

It’s been ages since I’ve driven to VP, where are the best places to park now? I used to pay a fiver and park at a cash and carry near The New Adventurers which I know is no longer there… is there much chance of parking on Grosvener Road or Queens Road before you get to the flyover? I’ve payed a fiver to park by the police station before, is that still an option? Or would it be better to park a little further away?

Any advice would be welcome! Thanks!

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

@alreadyexists I’ve always parked at Star City for years and never had an issue. It’s a bit of a walk but as long as the weather is ok, I think it’s a decent place and safe etc. 

Probably much closer parking but then you have to take into account the wait in traffic etc.

Thanks bud. I’ve never thought of star city. Is it about 30mins walk then? 

On the rare occasion I'm not on the 🍻 and drive I find parking under the motorway flyover on Moor Lane is a bit of a winner. Despite the signs threatening no parking and CCTV in force I've been parking there for well over a decade along with dozens of others and never had an issue, it's free and yes it's a bit of a walk (you can break it up with a stop at the Yew Tree or Witton Arms on the walk down!) but once you're back to your motor after the game you're pretty much straight out with no being stuck in standstill traffic for an hour.

4 minutes ago, wedge said:

On the rare occasion I'm not on the 🍻 and drive I find parking under the motorway flyover on Moor Lane is a bit of a winner. Despite the signs threatening no parking and CCTV in force I've been parking there for well over a decade along with dozens of others and never had an issue, it's free and yes it's a bit of a walk (you can break it up with a stop at the Yew Tree or Witton Arms on the walk down!) but once you're back to your motor after the game you're pretty much straight out with no being stuck in standstill traffic for an hour.

Thanks Wedge, that sounds great. Not ever parked there either. I’m normally on the 🍻 but not this weekend so driving seems a good choice. 
That sounds good. How far is the walk? 

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

It’s been ages since I’ve driven to VP, where are the best places to park now? I used to pay a fiver and park at a cash and carry near The New Adventurers which I know is no longer there… is there much chance of parking on Grosvener Road or Queens Road before you get to the flyover? I’ve payed a fiver to park by the police station before, is that still an option? Or would it be better to park a little further away?

Any advice would be welcome! Thanks!

I think Grosvener road is for villa supporters coaches only. They have been shunted around first at the old transport museum car park, them the staff car park at witton and now a bit near to Villa Park.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Thanks bud. I’ve never thought of star city. Is it about 30mins walk then? 

No worries, yeah about a 30 minute walk 👍.   As I say, it’s safe, it’s free and good access to the motorway, which I need when visiting. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think Grosvener road is for villa supporters coaches only. They have been shunted around first at the old transport museum car park, them the staff car park at witton and now a bit near to Villa Park.

Ah right, thanks, the times are a changin’ 

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

@alreadyexists I’ve always parked at Star City for years and never had an issue. It’s a bit of a walk but as long as the weather is ok, I think it’s a decent place and safe etc. 

Probably much closer parking but then you have to take into account the wait in traffic etc.

I considered this but thought it was probably too far. Can get some exercise in. 

I assume once you get back to Star City the traffic has all cleared by then?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If you want a little closer you have the power league car park and there’s one opposite too. I think they both charge a fiver. 

Ah great! I might aim for the power league one then, or the one opposite if that’s full. Getting there about 2 would be ok wouldn’t it, or is that too late?

Dropped pin
https://goo.gl/maps/jhvqsgQXbyxCCcbo9

is this it?

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Ah great! I might aim for the power league one then, or the one opposite if that’s full. Getting there about 2 would be ok wouldn’t it, or is that too late?

Dropped pin
https://goo.gl/maps/jhvqsgQXbyxCCcbo9

is this it?

That’s the one but I haven’t parked there for some years mate so not sure how quick it gets full. 

this is useful. 

https://www.footyparking.com/parking/teams/Aston-Villa

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If you want a little closer you have the power league car park and there’s one opposite too. I think they both charge a fiver. 

I used to park in the one opposite. It is convenient but I went their for our first game back in the PL and they had upped the price from a fiver to £7/8. 

I know it’s only a couple of pound extra and I’m not sure if that is still the case, but i thought it was a bit of a piss take. 

I now park on the street up by the cemetery. It’s about a 20min walk.  Not far from @wedgeflyover suggestion 

Edited by av1

I always park on Burlington Street just down from the Barton Arms

here

It's about a 15 minute walk to the ground but there's no traffic when you come back out. You can get straight out onto the A34 towards the Aston Expressway really easily, literally no traffic. First place you'd get traffic is on the Aston Expressway if you want to get onto the M6, but if you're not going on the M6 you're absolutely fine. If you want to go the other way towards birmingham and the A45 etc again it's really easy.

You save far more time there than you do parking closer to the ground, imo. Literally walk past everyone stuck in traffic for ages, hop in the car and you're away

And it's free.

Obviously less secure being a public road but I've parked there for years and never had an issue. In fact I'll be parking there on Saturday

Edited by Stevo985
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I considered this but thought it was probably too far. Can get some exercise in. 

I assume once you get back to Star City the traffic has all cleared by then?

Exactly this, it’s handy for me being so close to the motorway as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Thanks Wedge, that sounds great. Not ever parked there either. I’m normally on the 🍻 but not this weekend so driving seems a good choice. 
That sounds good. How far is the walk? 

I'd say 15-25 mins depending on which side of VP you need to get to (you approach from Witton Island side). It's worth it to not get stuck in traffic for ages after.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I always park on Burlington Street just down from the Barton Arms

here

It's about a 15 minute walk to the ground but there's no traffic when you come back out. You can get straight out onto the A34 towards the Aston Expressway really easily, literally no traffic. First place you'd get traffic is on the Aston Expressway if you want to get onto the M6, but if you're not going on the M6 you're absolutely fine. If you want to go the other way towards birmingham and the A45 etc again it's really easy.

You save far more time there than you do parking closer to the ground, imo. Literally walk past everyone stuck in traffic for ages, hop in the car and you're away

And it's free.

Obviously less secure being a public road but I've parked there for years and never had an issue. In fact I'll be parking there on Saturday

Cheers dude, that’s a great help. 

• Like 1

Â