Jump to content

Liverpool Terror Attack


bickster
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, bickster said:

So there's a terrorist incident today, even though it still hasn't been declared one. Can't be having that getting in the way of the Johnson Rehabilitation Speech

How you doing Bicks? Bit close to home isn’t it. Hope you’re ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
11 minutes ago, Genie said:

How you doing Bicks? Bit close to home isn’t it. Hope you’re ok.

Lets just say it interupted my record shopping. I'm fine however

Imagine a terrorist attack in the UK not being declared a terrorist attack, why on earth would that be and when did it ever happen before?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
12 hours ago, bickster said:

Lets just say it interupted my record shopping. I'm fine however

Imagine a terrorist attack in the UK not being declared a terrorist attack, why on earth would that be and when did it ever happen before?

I have to say I didn’t join the dots in my head until now. 
In my mind the explosion was caused by a bomb being attached to the car to target the driver or passenger for some reason. But when the driver was praised for locking the doors it’s seems obvious it was a suicide bomber who was planning to go into the hospital.

Absolutely horrific, and also how many lives did this cabbie save? 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't want to take anything away from the taxi driver, they put their life on the line, absolute hero. I can't imagine it would have been any more effective in the hospital though. They set it off while the driver was in the taxi, and he got out and walked away. Fortunately most of these terrorists make really shit bombs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

Lots of unanswered questions in this (for obvious reasons), they arrested these other 3 incredibly quickly. 
Were they watching on and holding the trigger? Was plan b just go blow him up if he didn’t make it inside for some reason?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Johnson Rehabilitation speech?

 

You know after his week of falling polls, he had rather a big statement to make yesterday evening, he got the city he's been in wrong but it was certainly designed to give him a boost

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
4 minutes ago, bickster said:

You know after his week of falling polls, he had rather a big statement to make yesterday evening, he got the city he's been in wrong but it was certainly designed to give him a boost

I've not seen it. I thought he was back in the fridge. 

The bomb story has been the top story on the beeb for the last two days, with the word terrorism in the headline, if they're hiding it to protect Boris they're doing an appalling job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I've not seen it. I thought he was back in the fridge. 

The bomb story has been the top story on the beeb for the last two days, with the word terrorism in the headline, if they're hiding it to protect Boris they're doing an appalling job.

No. It really hasn't

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
3 minutes ago, bickster said:

No. It really hasn't

Well it was the top story on the BBC news website yesterday and the top story on the BBC website today and the word 'terror' or 'terrorism' was in the headline on both days. I'm not sure what else would define that?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, bickster said:

Lets just say it interupted my record shopping. I'm fine however

Imagine a terrorist attack in the UK not being declared a terrorist attack, why on earth would that be and when did it ever happen before?

Well they arrested three blokes under the Terrorism Act yesterday. I think these days they want to be absolutely certain in case there’s an accusation of racism in calling it terrorism too quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well it was the top story on the BBC news website yesterday and the top story on the BBC website today and the word 'terror' or 'terrorism' was in the headline on both days. I'm not sure what else would define that?

 

Scott, I've been monitoring this since about 11:30 yesterday morning, Terror wasn't mentioned at all until the three arrests were made. Counter-terrorism officers were only being used "as a precaution" up until that point

It was only declared a terrorist Incident about an hour ago. You appear to think I'm talking about journalists here, I'm not

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
5 minutes ago, Risso said:

Well they arrested three blokes under the Terrorism Act yesterday. I think these days they want to be absolutely certain in case there’s an accusation of racism in calling it terrorism too quickly.

Yes correct, that was not "all day" and was not in the first few hours

I also understand the need not to do that in the first couple of hours, especially yesterday given the day and timing

It was officially declared a Terrorist incident an hour ago and today Johnson is having a COBRA meeting, today, a day and a half later

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â