Biggest word removed to play for/manage/own Villa

Davkaus

27 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No.

I need to head out but the reason I named Dean Saunders is

1. The drink driving thing. The footage was embarrassing.

2. His bullshit stories about Clough.

Just seems like a self centred prat and a bullshit merchant.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

As I said, some were maybe a bit harsh :D

But Guzan got in for the flobbing incident, Collins because he was IMHO quite unprofessional in how he didn't look after himself, and Sinclair got in for being an annoying ninny who never took a risk on the pitch. Touch harsh lol.

Tbf I've never seen a player as scared to take a fullback on as Sinclair!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, VBM said:

I absolutely hate David O'Leary.  Always talking the club down - " we can't compete the Charltons of this world etc"

Gabby, can **** right off. 3 stone overweight, utterly unprofessional and proud of it. Robbed the club blind for years. 

David Platt has similar tone whenever he speaks about Villa

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You may have your reasons about Saunders but I don't think either of those reasons you've highlighted make him the biggest 'word removed' to play for the club imo.

His drink drive incident was very stupid, granted.

However, I've met Deano a few times at Chester races. He's a good guy and a good laugh.

His stories of Clough appear to also be true.

That's just my two cents on it though. :thumb:

Loves the sound of his own voice. He's an absolute bore. Proper narcissist. Everything always comes back to him and his career and how he played and his stories. Is he bad guy . Probably not but he does come across a proper proper rocket polisher.

Just trying to work out whether the "biggest word removed" is intended to be a good thing or a bad thing?  I mean sometimes you absolutely want a complete w anchor in your team because they either distract the opposition, spur on the rest of the team or get the crowd going.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

You may have your reasons about Saunders but I don't think either of those reasons you've highlighted make him the biggest 'word removed' to play for the club imo.

His drink drive incident was very stupid, granted.

However, I've met Deano a few times at Chester races. He's a good guy and a good laugh.

His stories of Clough appear to also be true.

That's just my two cents on it though. :thumb:

Fair enough as you've actually met him. The extended drink drive footage is rather damning against his character though. I was genuinely disappointed as I loved him as a player and his cheeky manner.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, picicata said:

O'Neill was a vindictive, unpleasant little clearing in the woods

Agreed. Plenty more arsebags like Roy keane, yorke,Sherwood,etc. have washed through the club. Let's not dwell on it and instead pretend chuck is better than messi. 

Edited by villa89

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Loves the sound of his own voice. He's an absolute bore. Proper narcissist. Everything always comes back to him and his career and how he played and his stories. Is he bad guy . Probably not but he does come across a proper proper rocket polisher.

Was the conclusion I came to a decade or so after he'd left and us and having watched much of his media output. Disappointed me rather.

Ideally this thread title would drop the 'biggest' tag. Dean Saunders clearly isn't the biggest word removed, if we're taking the thread question literally.

Oooouufff, there is just so many, isn't it? If we are talking proper clearing in the woods as to personality (as they came across, admittedly noone on here know many previous managers and players in person):

Delph is the king of this topic; the way he left is something which still leaves me wondering "WTF?". 

Gabby is the prince in this story; club captain giving absolutely wanks  when, supposedly, HIS club needed him the most. Apologies, I cam never forgive  him. 

Tony Xia - obvious crook and willing  strawman for a money laundering exercise which was quite astonishing. 

Sorry; Grealish can F right off and he does come across as a complete bellend.

O'Leary; had no ambition for this club and seemed to hate us while he managed us. 

M Richards; now spouting  off and blaming everyone else for his total shambles of a Villa "carreer". 

I'll leave it that. For now. 

Edited by Hughes

Â