Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

While I’m 100% behind Gerrard now you’re spot on…it’s just bizarre!

the stats show that the players werent playing for smith

the problem is that previous players hadnt played for previous managers, in 2 years time when they dont play for gerrard what do we do then?

the frustrating thing will be when gerrard gets hold of them, puts a rocket up their ass and suddenly they do start running and pressing and tackling things they'd apparently forgotten how to do, maybe passing the ball 5 yards to an open team mate might make a come back too

This has grown on me the more I have thought about it. I wish him all the best and hopefully it's the start of something beautiful, there will be a fair deal of attention on him from the media I'd imagine, could do wonders for rebuilding our profile if he is a success.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim said:

We were on a downward spiral under Smith, changes needed to be made.

I don’t necessarily disagree with the point, although I’d have thought he’d have built enough credit in the bank to have until Christmas. But to be replaced by Gerrard I’m really struggling to get my head around.

But it’s done now and I hope he turns out to be a great success.

• Like 1

Welcome Stevie!!

Think it could be a horrible appointment,  but desperately want it to work, and now he's appointed 100% behind the bloke. 

Give 'em hell fella!!

UTV

• Like 1

Â