Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

We have to get behind, and rally around him, and and the players for the good of the club. 

So Welcome and good luck Mr Gerrard.

I am definitely still sceptical though, he has a lot to prove. He needs to get results, and blood these youngsters. If either of those things aren't met we will be in trouble.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Trip to Anfield a month from now. Be interesting to see where we are form-wise by then, and just how savvy a manager we may have. There's just no way anyone could be as sentimental and plain stupid as Houllier on his return.

One thing you have to say about STEVEN GERRARD is that he is incredibly brave taking up this poisoned chalice so soon into his managerial career. The very best of luck to him. it'll be interesting to see what he can bring to this team.

You are right, it is a bold move. He could have got more leeway at a smaller club. Fair play. He must believe in what he’s doing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry but this makes ZERO sense.

" The sooner he's gone the better " would indicate us doing very shite, very quickly, surely that is counter productive?

I agree, this is nonsense. I support Villa, I'm not particularly enthused by Gerrard, however I hope he's the most successful manager we've ever had. Both their performances are intrinsically linked.

The fans need to get behind the club and manager now and look forward.

• Like 2

Welcome to the Villa, Steve. Give us your all, respect the club, its history and us fans and we will give you our full support. 

I hope your achievements as a player can be mirrored by your management. If so, things should turn out well. 

We all know your love affair with Liverpool, it's understandable. But, when we play them, do not do what Gerard Houllier did and disrespect the fans you now represent, it isn't a smart thing to do. 

Good luck and all the very best 👍

PS: Remember that position you used to play in? Well, we need one of those please 🙏

Just now, VillaJay said:

I agree, this is nonsense. I support Villa, I'm not particularly enthused by Gerrard, however I hope he's the most successful manager we've ever had. Both their performances are intrinsically linked.

The fans need to get behind the club and manager now and look forward.

Exactly. Anything less than good and we’re down. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

One more thing, can we please please please not start callling him "Stevie G" thanks!

Agree with the sentiment but how else will we siphon him into the "<Manager Name's> claret and blue army song"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The more I read about his Rangers stint, the more excited I am for the appointment.  There were noises yesterday that our players are excited too (although a few of them will be getting their arses kicked).

Welcome Steven Gerrard.  Just please, no shagging the 'This is Anfield' sign next month.

Maybe he will impress us all and spit at it 

Â