Total knee replacement

Eastie

On 11/11/2021 at 03:04, TheAuthority said:

Try watching "Dopesick" before you take any oxi-contin.  In fact if they offer you any opioids for pain I would think long and hard about if you want to take them. Good luck with it all though and I wish you a speedy recovery.

FWIW my 76 year old mother had them done and managed. She complained to high heaven constantly about it - but her nature by default is to moan about anything so hard to gauge how bad it actually was. Only English person I know who can go on holiday and whine that the sun is too hot :D

The opioids route would be exactly the route I would be going but each to there own. Best of luck to Eastie and hope he has a quick recovery 

On 10/11/2021 at 22:25, Eastie said:

Thanks guys I’ve heard the first 3 weeks are hell but then it gradually improves over 3 months - bought a bell to ring for wife to bring me drinks 🤣🤣🤣

Mine disappeared very quickly on day 1 after my knee op … seems the joke isn’t funny after the 17th  ring in an hour :)

good luck with the op… I know a few people that have had them , most of them are still able to walk :)

but seriously , I think as others said it’s the first few weeks then it kinda settles down .. I would suggest , that although it’s boring do the rehab and the exercises they give you to do … you’ll get a lot of muscle wastage around the knee area if not and keeping those muscles strengthened will def help 

Spoke to my GP earlier about The X-ray & scan I had a few weeks ago. I was hoping it was going to be something that could be a more straight forward fix, but I have some arthritis. So it's more about trying to manage it, until it gets to the stage where I might need a knee replacement. 

Did an NHS self referral for physio, but don't imagine that's happening anytime soon, so need to check how much it's going to cost to do it privately. 

Good luck with it,  I snapped my quadriceps tendon 6 weeks ago, operation to reattach went well, but I’m now into week 6 of 12 to 15 of having my leg locked into a straight position,only allowed to bend it in 3 reps of 10 every day to 30 degrees at the moment, moving to 50 degrees in 2 weeks time and then 10 degrees more every week until I get to 90 degrees.

its the worst injury I’ve ever had because of the massive and uncomfortable recovery time, if I had a choice then the knee is the last thing I would damage.

Edited by hycus-flange
Spelling mistake
  • Sad 1

• 9 months later...

Just noticed this thread whilst counting the number of music threads in the first 10 pages (27 of them by the way !)....

...anyway, I had my right knee replacement during mid July and I guess my question is for @Eastie really. i still have a fair amount of swelling and stiffness (kw kpeg) but not pain exactly just dull aches if anything. My ankle is swollen to a degree despite me icing the elevated knee regularly. I am 57...just wondering if you had similar shortish term after effects ?

Â