Total knee replacement

Eastie

11 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Hi all ,  I’m due a total knee replacement next week and expecting a tough few weeks - any of you been through it and any help or advice much appreciated 👍

Nope, but good luck with it. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Hi all ,  I’m due a total knee replacement next week and expecting a tough few weeks - any of you been through it and any help or advice much appreciated 👍

You been on the end of a Steven Gerrard tackle?  

Seriously, hope it goes well.  My uncle had his done and was playing cricket about a month later (against doctor's orders though).  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

No advice at all but sounds like a major deal so hope it all goes well mate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Thanks guys I’ve heard the first 3 weeks are hell but then it gradually improves over 3 months - bought a bell to ring for wife to bring me drinks 🤣🤣🤣

How very old school. Can't you just Whatsapp her?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

Thanks guys I’ve heard the first 3 weeks are hell but then it gradually improves over 3 months - bought a bell to ring for wife to bring me drinks 🤣🤣🤣

Try watching "Dopesick" before you take any oxi-contin.  In fact if they offer you any opioids for pain I would think long and hard about if you want to take them. Good luck with it all though and I wish you a speedy recovery.

FWIW my 76 year old mother had them done and managed. She complained to high heaven constantly about it - but her nature by default is to moan about anything so hard to gauge how bad it actually was. Only English person I know who can go on holiday and whine that the sun is too hot :D

• Like 1

Best of luck Eastie. I know people who've had it done, and it worked really well for them. But yes can be sore early on. Just put the feet up and enjoy that bit. That's what Netflix is for :thumb:

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 21:00, AlwaysAVFC said:

Have had ACL reconstruction on one knee, and just waiting for results on a scan on the other as having issues with that. So not directly related, I'd just say make the effort with whatever rehab you have. 

Oh, this is a very good point - on my second ACL reconstruction I half-arsed the rehab and one of my hamstrings still hasn't got full mobility back. It was over a decade ago now. Take the rehab seriously!

Â