Mysteries

useless

I was quite a literal kid, so the first time I heard someone called a dickhead I imagined a person with a penis on their forehead, but the one I imagined was not standing proud and erect, but dangling limp and floppy towards the nose. Sort of like so:

1078432.jpg

12 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

An interesting shot in the dark, a burning question mark in history

I remember a comedy sketch where Toyah was trying to teach an actress those words. Time after time she tried with Toyah coaching her to try again and again....in the end the actress gave up and said "oh its no good Toyah ! I give up. I'll never be as bad as you !!"

• Haha 2

On 09/11/2021 at 11:59, hogso said:

Not much of a mystery really as we can make a reasonable assumption now on what it actually was, although, it's still pretty mysterious. 

So, not mysterious, and yet, still quite mysterious. I like that. It's a mystery how it manages that, but also, not really.

• 8 months later...

The Tamám Shud case, also known as the Mystery of the Somerton Man, relates to a mysterious death of an unidentified man found on 1 December 1948, on the beach at Somerton Park, a suburb of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.

'This famous mystery has been solved it is claimed.' ~ Guardian

• 1 year later...

This happened just over a year ago, but only learning about it now.

A man, James Grimes, 28, fell into the sea while on board a cruise ship somewhere around the Gulf of Mexico. Fortunately he was found safely after 15 hours of treading water, having had to fend off a “sea creature”.

What makes it curious is that it’s not at all obvious how he fell in. Grimes himself said -

he did not have "tons" of drinks and that he "couldn’t really say" how much booze he had actually consumed, but assured the interviewer he was not drunk at the time.

To further evidence that he was definitely, relatively sober, earlier in the evening Grimes 

had just won an air guitar competition in one of the ship’s lounges

If that doesn’t display an obvious level of clear headedness, then frankly I don’t know what does.

Probably one that will have the theorists at loggerheads for years to come.

Independent link

• Haha 4

Â