Samsung TV

El Zen

Good evening, nerds.

I have a three year old Samsung TV, which has mostly been brilliant and just what I expected and wanted. However, it seems to be running low on avaible memory, with no obvious way of fixing the issue. Most of the capacity is bogged down bu apps I’m not allowed to delete. I’ve tried googling, but can’t find a good fix.

Please help! 

9 hours ago, El Zen said:

Good evening, nerds.

I have a three year old Samsung TV, which has mostly been brilliant and just what I expected and wanted. However, it seems to be running low on avaible memory, with no obvious way of fixing the issue. Most of the capacity is bogged down bu apps I’m not allowed to delete. I’ve tried googling, but can’t find a good fix.

Please help! 

2 ideas. Is there a way to do a kind of factory reset to clean out accumulated crap?  The other idea is to see if you can add to, or upgrade the memory. I guess with the model number and so on you could research how to do that using an internet search engine such as Bingle, or Mooney, or Alta Jeeves.

• Thanks 1

Factory reset is probably the best bet, from what I can gather from yahoogney. But even then, all the ‘locked apps’ seem to continue to hog the lion’s share of total memory. 

It’s kind of shitty, really. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

Factory reset is probably the best bet, from what I can gather from yahoogney. But even then, all the ‘locked apps’ seem to continue to hog the lion’s share of total memory. 

It’s kind of shitty, really. 

Is there a setting to cancel updates on unused apps?

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Is there a setting to cancel updates on unused apps?

If there is, I haven’t found it. I’m going to have to browse the pre-installed e-manual app, I think. Which, rather ironically, is the main culprit behind the whole issue. 

16 minutes ago, El Zen said:

If there is, I haven’t found it. I’m going to have to browse the pre-installed e-manual app, I think. Which, rather ironically, is the main culprit behind the whole issue. 

Good luck, every update of everything on there drains storage from what I gather which in time would render the appliance unusable, doesn't seem right so hopefully there is an answer to it, then again these days companies do not play fair and want everything to go obsolete so you buy another. If it's in warranty, I'd try play them at their own game and try flip it for a replacement.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, El Zen said:

Good evening, nerds.

Please help! 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/TV-Memory-Low/m-p/1907617#M34129

I have a solution for everyone. I have the 55" and 65" model. Both have maxed out memory. I copy and pasted from another post I responded too with someone having the same issue.

You have to consider this model was produced in 2017. At that time streaming like we do wasn't what it is now. So the amount of memory needed wasn't what it is now. The good news is the TV is scalable so all you have to do is get a memory stick and the problem is solved. If that wasn't an available solution you'd have to get a new TV. I too have maxed out memory and just spoke to a customer service tech at Samsung and this is the permanent solution.
I found 2 16GB memory sticks for $9 at Walmart. It's no different than adding an SD card to expand a phone's available memory.

and

@El Zen

• Thanks 1

Â