Car issues / advice

dubbs

Ended up ordering a new golf. They offered to settle my finance but gave me a really low valuation so chose not to go with them. Saving of at least £150 a month with a 4k deposit which I should be able to comfortably get with the sale of my current car.

7 month wait on a factory order though! Which is fine I guess as I'm in no rush, but crazy how bad the supply chain is. They had an ex demo second hand car they could have given me but it worked out more expensive!

Anyway, thinking of maybe finding a short term lease for 6 months and do the sale of my current car now. I'm worried that if I wait 7 months to do it the valuation will decrease enough to not give me the deposit needed.

it's made me realise how little I like my current car. I have absolutely no attachment to it. It's the first time I've got a new car and missed the old one.

My 3 year PCP is up at the end of March. I'm going to pay it off, and the original plan was to sell it and get a new car, but I've delayed it for a year. Never had any issues with it.

But driving home Saturday night, I couldn't turn on my back wiper, so I tried 2/3 times, and instead my front wipers got stuck on, and the jet was constantly firing. It emptied the tank in 30 secs or so, then kept going.

Anyone had something similar? Skoda.

On 31/01/2022 at 12:48, StefanAVFC said:

My 3 year PCP is up at the end of March. I'm going to pay it off, and the original plan was to sell it and get a new car, but I've delayed it for a year. Never had any issues with it.

But driving home Saturday night, I couldn't turn on my back wiper, so I tried 2/3 times, and instead my front wipers got stuck on, and the jet was constantly firing. It emptied the tank in 30 secs or so, then kept going.

Anyone had something similar? Skoda.

My 10 year old Skoda Fabia just had to have some work done because the back wiper wasn't working, neither were the heating strips in the rear window or the lock mechanism. Turned out it was a broken wire or something.

Also had other random stuff happening. Car wouldn't shut down, even when the key was taken out the ignition, key fob stopped working, Lights on dashboard would go haywire when locking the car manually. Sometimes the front wipers would also go on when restarting the car. I was really worried it would be some major electrical fault but turned out to be a lot of minor things all at once.

2 hours ago, Billson said:

My 10 year old Skoda Fabia just had to have some work done because the back wiper wasn't working, neither were the heating strips in the rear window or the lock mechanism. Turned out it was a broken wire or something.

Also had other random stuff happening. Car wouldn't shut down, even when the key was taken out the ignition, key fob stopped working, Lights on dashboard would go haywire when locking the car manually. Sometimes the front wipers would also go on when restarting the car. I was really worried it would be some major electrical fault but turned out to be a lot of minor things all at once.

At a certain age, these things happen. My car is 15 years old and has lots of 'little issues' but Audi want telephone number costs. Rear wiper motor at £500? Nah, i'll use a wet cloth if i need to clean my back window! 

12 hours ago, Xela said:

At a certain age, these things happen. My car is 15 years old and has lots of 'little issues' but Audi want telephone number costs. Rear wiper motor at £500? Nah, i'll use a wet cloth if i need to clean my back window! 

Mine is 20.

Going in for rear shocks, springs and suspension arms soon, then sills welding the week after. 

Yes I know I could get another one but I don't want to. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Mine is 20.

Going in for rear shocks, springs and suspension arms soon, then sills welding the week after. 

Yes I know I could get another one but I don't want to. 

There are very few modern cars I like. Most are just forgettable. Basically a white goods appliance on wheels that people swap after 3 years for a similar bland machine. I get it, some people aren't car fans, but it's not for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

There are very few modern cars I like. Most are just forgettable. Basically a white goods appliance on wheels that people swap after 3 years for a similar bland machine. I get it, some people aren't car fans, but it's not for me. 

Yup.

Been quite a Rover fan over the years. I've had A P6 2200TC, a P5 3.5 Coupe, threeSD1 v8's,a Rover 820 and now a Rover 75.

• Like 1

On 09/02/2022 at 17:17, Stevo985 said:

Things change quick.

Dealer called me the day after this post and said they were actually getting 4 new Golfs in in February, and one of them was exactly what I ordered, minus the nicer wheels. Would I be interested.

I obviously was and long story short, I pick it up on Sunday.

And because they got my car earlier they gave me a much better part ex cost for my current car so they're sorting it and I don't have to worry about it.

Could probably have still got more from a private sale, but for the ease of them doing it I thought sod it

How’s the new motor? I had a Golf GT 12 plate 2.0l before my current car (Passat 1.6l), I really miss my Golf!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

How’s the new motor? I had a Golf GT 12 plate 2.0l before my current car (Passat 1.6l), I really miss my Golf!

Got delayed until today so only driven it back from the dealer. But it looks and feels nice. 

Multimedia is a huge upgrade on my Q5 to be honest so that’s a good start 

• Like 1

Â