Weekends Football 23/24 October

andykeenan

I think they can accommodate Ronaldo - but they need to drop one of the others and bring in another central midfielder to do some of his work.

A front three of Rashford - Cavani - Ronaldo or Sancho - Ronaldo - Greenwood would be fine with Fred, McTominay and Matic behind it - they then just need to replace Fred, McTominay and Matic in the summer.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ronaldo is on a two year deal - imagine him in a season's time, earning his half a million a week. 

Oof.

Probably still be in the top 2 or 3 goalscorers though tbf, and also selling a shit loads of shirts, tickets and merchandise to offset some of the wages.

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Reminds me of Lescott, Micah and Gabby but just on a much bigger scale

We got literally nothing for our outlay on those.

You have to keep it in perspective. Ronaldo is raising United profile worldwide, bringing in new fans, selling shirts, tickets, bringing in sponsors and scoring more goals than most other players, winning matches etc etc.

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Genie said:

We got literally nothing for our outlay on those.

You have to keep it in perspective. Ronaldo is raising United profile worldwide, selling shirts, tickets, bringing in sponsors and scoring more goals than most other players.

Yep, off field I am sure the numbers must work out and he is scoring goals. But next season and from a footballing perspective I am not so sure he will fit in the United team with whoever the new manager will be

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Yep, off field I am sure the numbers must work out and he is scoring goals. But next season and from a footballing perspective I am not so sure he will fit in the United team with whoever the new manager will be

Maybe, but you can’t compare him to the useless shite we had stinking out the training ground and not even playing.

He’s paying his way off the pitch and on it with goals.

There is a debate whether they’d be a better team without him but he’s not a complete disaster as he’s being labelled as.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing in China next year if the next manager can't make it work.

Me too, China, Qatar or the MLS could be a destination for his last season.

If he’s not in the first team plans there no way he’ll stay with so little of his career left.

Edited by Genie

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing in China next year if the next manager can't make it work.

Maximum salary in the Chinese league for new contracts is £40k/w so they might have some issues getting him to sign :D 

MLS might also be tricky with that rape thing.

Edited by sne

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Maximum salary in the Chinese league for new contracts is £40k/w so they might have some issues getting him to sign :D 

MLS might also be tricky with that rape thing.

He was cleared few weeks back

Edited by Zatman

23 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm surprised how little Ronaldo creates for others.  If he was creating as well as scoring it might be worth keeping him in the team even if he's not pressing.

I think the clue is in the wording ‘for others’

Ronaldo only cares about one man getting the limelight, much to the detriment of his teammates. 

• Like 1

Â