Pre match thread

roonst83

35 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Boring 5 at the back again, again trying to accommodate Ings and Watkins, again playing Tuanzebe.

I don't think Smiffy will ever change from this boring formation, he's obsessed with it whether we or lose.

People were saying the same about him and 4-3-3 before this season

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Indeed. People said of the 4-3-3 that he had no other way to play. No plan B. He changes it and gets criticised. 

FWIW I prefer the 4-3-3 

• Like 3

Just now, Keyblade said:

I’m not agreeing with playing 352 tonight but I was saying exactly the same as your comment a day or two ago.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Indeed. People said of the 4-3-3 that he had no other way to play. No plan B. He changes it and gets criticised.

...when it doesn't work over and over and the team play poorly and look disjointed, then, well obviously.

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

FWIW I prefer the 4-3-3 

Its not about changing and sticking to a formation for every game. It is about being able to play in multiple different formations and using the appropriate formation for the team we are playing. Chelsea and Man Utd away then 5 at the back. Wolves and Brentford at home 433. We need to be able to adapt and become less predictable

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Its not about changing and sticking to a formation for every game. It is about being able to play in multiple different formations and using the appropriate formation for the team we are playing. Chelsea and Man Utd away then 5 at the back. Wolves and Brentford at home 433. We need to be able to adapt and become less predictable

But it's also another week when we seemingly only have 1 winger who is fit enough to play 90 mins 

When he's got everyone we will see 

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

FWIW I prefer the 4-3-3 

In fairness he's just replaced one Plan A with another. Changing to a formation that isn't working and stubbornly sticking to it when you have better options on the bench and more harmonious shapes for the players at your disposal isn't really switching to Plan B.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

...when it doesn't work over and over and the team play poorly and look disjointed, then, well obviously.

We beat Man Utd with that formation. Played very well in the Wolves game (bar the last 15 minutes!)

I hope we can get the wingers back for and play 4-3-3 as I think that gives us the best balance