Match Thread: Villa v Wolves

limpid

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Who do you take off though. For me Watkins isn't at the same level as last season. Even his work rate seems a bit laboured.

Ings or Watkins. Either. 

Just can't play this tragic formation at home. 

• Like 1

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Seem a bit disjointed, hate the international breaks, especially now we have quite a few players away each time. 

Adama looked dangerous for some of that half then disappeared, then came back. Him disappearing coincided with our best spell of play. 

Buendia not settling yet and no idea what's happened to Watkins. Totally different player to last season

Cash,Luiz and Konsa good so far, McGinn hit and miss, either good or giving the ball away.

Watkins is a victim of the formation. The width beside him this season created space through the middle, but he could also run the channels to get support off the wingers. Now he plays Vs narrow defences with very little support.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

100% I'd add Emi2 can go up another couple of notches, if he does, it's in the bag 

In a 3 one of them has to be good enough to play Midfield. Which of our 3 CB's are good enough to play ball.? I really don't like it when McGinn and Luiz are playing well they keep getting by-passed by a scumchester United employee.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We need to give up on the Ings Watkins experiment after Arsenal. We need to be going 4 3 3 at home and need Bailey, Buendia and Traore in playing behind Watkins or Ings

Yes I hate the 3-5-2

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Tuanzebe off for Sanson would be a smart move. Hopefully smith changes things quickly and doesn’t wait until the 80th minute again.

I'd be shocked if Sanson made an appearance ahead of Ramsey, tbh, with him not having played for so long. 

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I’d like to see Philogene-Bidace on second half. Hope Sanson gets on too.

Good shout! Or Ramsey it's his type of game especially against slower opposition.

Edited by Sulberto21

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You watching the wrong game if you think that's gonna happen.

Didn't say I thought it would did I?

Believing something needs to happen and expecting it are two very different things

But we're not winning this unless something changes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

we have no outlet on the left, Targett is playing well but rarely gets ahead of the halfway line, Watkins just gets crowded out quickly by three players.

Looks to me like in attack we're kind of going 442 with Cash at RM, Konsa and Targett as orthodox full backs.

Hard to say who is then LM, though, and we look really unbalanced.