Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/10/21 at 22:59

Just now, calcifer said:

Absolute dog crap. 2 nil up now I have to put up with a Complete cock on Monday gloating at work. FFS Smith you complete cock womble 

I'm calling in sick. The Dingles are going to be unbearable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I can't see how you aren't.

To fall apart like that from a comfortable lead, to completely collapsing to lose a derby at home...yeah, I'm livid, and I think we all should be. 

It’s disappointing, without a doubt. But i guess I can’t be too mad that it ultimately was a lucky deflection that finally did us in.

2 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Inevitable as soon as the first went in. Horrible. 

It all felt very familiar. Terrible feeling that I thought we'd banished from the collective Villa psyche.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Not sure how Nakamba for Luiz was wrong, Doug was never lasing 90 minutes today and Nakamba as 20 minute sub to protect a lead has worked in a few other games.

Probably Buendia should've stayed on, easily his best game for us and a ball carrier to get us up the pitch.

Hause should've come on instead of Young and well the terrible defending kind of suggests that so he had that defensive sub option available and chose not to do it.

But the end results says it was.  Maybe not on it’s own, but when it’s combined with Ramsey for Beundia that’s a virtual 180 shift in ability and know how in midfield. 

Just now, Cliffy Biro said:

Really needs to give up on the 3-5-2 and trying to cram Ings/Watkins into the same team,.

I mean, it had us 2 up and cruising to victory. I didn't like it, and I think the first half was a bit crap, but I can't say it's why we lost. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Am I the only one who isn’t livid about today? I must be, right?

Not sure I'm livid,  but incredibly disappointed and somewhat frustrated.  At least Ramsey and Nakamba have played themselves out of contention for a while. Gives Sanson chance to secure his place, if he can stay fit,  and we may stumble on our best team.  

Bailey and Traore both to return means we'll be better placed in future games, but annoying that we threw this one away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

We lost our only Midfielder who keeps control of the ball. Keeping both Watkins and Ings on when you are sitting back is just silly. Buendia is easily better defensively than McGinn, so that was a terrible sub as well. 

And the Nakamba for Luiz sub handed the initiative to wolves. If we were subbing Luiz off it has to be sanson on as a player who can really control the middle of the park. 

I get that but Luiz was in another continent about 30 hours ago. He was never playing 90 minutes today. Plenty of people on this forum rate Nakamba and he can do a job in certain situations when we're leading as he showed last season. Also more match fit than Sanson.

Agree Buendia should've stayed on.

I'm a big Smith fan but he has to shoulder the blame for that.

I get the Luiz substitution given all the travelling he has had and Nakamba has been very good recently. However taking Buendia off was poor judgement, Ings coming off would have been more logical.

Our midfield was no existent for the last 20 minutes. 

I don't like the 5-3-2 system, Tuanzebe just isn't up to it and was poor from the first minute and very lucky to not get punished for his mistakes.  Watkins and Ings up top doesn't work, I think both have their qualities but they don't work together and they both suffer because of it. Watkins is a shadow of what he was last season.

It's disappointing as for 80 minutes we were quite comfortable and deserved to win. Horrible last 10 minutes costs us 

• Like 2

No top manager ever loses a game after being 2-0 up, even against a great side which Wolves aren't. Smith will never be a top manager.

And I'm not sure he understands the importance of derbies either because to do it against those b*stards down the road is also the worst thing possible. Yet again we haven't beaten them at VP for the third season running.

10 points now from 8 games, it's poor. We're now below where I would expect us ton be. The Arsenal game now almost becomes a must-win, or a must-not-lose at the very least.

Spoilt my weekend. 

• Haha 2

I think it's safe to say that we won't be relegated, and I think Smith has done enough to see the season out. But if we're closer to the relegation spots than Europe by the time the run in starts, we need to think about different options going forward. Mid table might be Smiths ceiling unfortunately.

Just now, MrBlack said:

Not sure I'm livid,  but incredibly disappointed and somewhat frustrated.  At least Ramsey and Nakamba have played themselves out of contention for a while. Gives Sanson chance to secure his place, if he can stay fit,  and we may stumble on our best team.  

Bailey and Traore both to return means we'll be better placed in future games, but annoying that we threw this one away.

Yeah and I’ll throw in that had Luiz not gone off for international duty he wouldn’t have come out of the game which drastically changed the midfield.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

No inside info, just my opinion. We sold Grealish but spent less than we got for him. And yes we've had poor injury luck. But McGinn is not a good enough player to be starting week in week out of we want to be finishing higher than 11th.

You're probably right but McGinn was immense today so seems a bit of a weird time to be making that point

Â