Declan Frith

useless

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Hopefully the lad can really kick on under the guidance of our ever improving staff and set up and become a really funny, handsome and lovely young man.

I know this sounds rich coming from me but I think it is more important to be a nice, ugly person than a beautiful, horrrible one

4 hours ago, romavillan said:

Wait this one is not one of the best prospects at the Albion? Have we finished taking all their best young talent now?

We need to let them re-stock first. I'm sure we will be back shopping in Sandwell before too long! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

Just googled him some reports say he's an attacking wide player another say he's a left back?

Why did he leave Chelsea? Says he's joined from Welling United. 

from what i can gather he played as an attacking left back at Chelsea youth level, but he has come on trial for us and we defo played him as a winger in all the games i saw, but he is described as a "versatile left sided player".

Frith was at Welling Utd before he joined Chelsea in in roughly May 2021, i have no idea how his contract expired or such like to allow him to trial with us, did they mutually cancel it?, dunno.

Edit: he was on Chelsea's release list in June 2021, so i assume mutual termination?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Based on nothing more than watching him in a couple of those games, he seems like a classic 'rough diamond' in that he has lovely skill, nice ball control, bags of confidence, but also seems to take unnecessary risks, move out of position, and lose the ball in dangerous places. But I suppose those things are easier to teach than the raw talent stuff.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Have you seen him play MotoMkali?

Watched a few of the games for us he's played in. Seems to have lots of skill but is a very heads down player and focused on beating his man rather than picking a pass. 

• Thanks 1

I don't think Frith was ever really a left-back as such, it seems he played there once for Chelsea and because of that and very little in the way of other information to go by, some of the stat websites such as transfermarkt, declared left-back as his position. But he's very much a winger, it's where he's played all his games for us and where he played all but one of his games for Chelsea.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

So that is who it was. I was watching the highlights without commentary and could not figure who it was. Seems to be doing well. Have we signed him, or do we think we will do.

Yep signed. Details at the top of this page.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

He scored and provided three assists yesterday...

Probably at the age where a loan would usually be thought beneficial, but given his time with us has been a little stop start, presumably because of injuries, I'm not sure of the level of club he could attract.

• Like 2

The great thing about Dec is his unpredictability.  He is very skillful , pretty quick pretty strong  and can play all over the pitch. We picked him up after Chelsea had signed him to a pro contract and then v quickly he moved to us for some reason.  One of the older ones but just like Azaz he has a very good upside. It shows a very good understanding of the youth market by our academy staff.

• Like 3

Â