Women's Football

YLN

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

At this point I'm wondering if it would be more beneficial to stick a paper bag in goal in women's football.

For all the improvements in outfield play, the goalkeeping is still laughable. 

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Got the Palace v Durham game on in the background, every time I look Palace score another goal, it's currently 8-0, not sure what's going on, scoreline like that unusal for Championship level, and Durham are usually pretty decent, they drew and won their first two games.

Isobel Goodwin scored her first goal for Sheffield United, was inevitable that when Coventry United were relegated another Championshi team would snap her up, and I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up back in the WSL before long, maybe she's another that will return to us one day, her biggest problem has been injuries.

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

In an interview with Piers Morgan

This guy really hasnt a clue about gaining sympathy

Very bizarre, why Piers Morgan?

At least Spanish football can move on now. 

Edited by Genie

Things going smoothly for the world champions. 39 players now refuse to play in the Olympic qualifier against Sweden next week.

The world champions do not want to return to the national team: the forcefulness of the statement is debated... which not all will sign

To understand the current point, we must go back to last night, around 9:00 p.m., when a telematic meeting began between the recently world champion players to assess, as a team, what they would do if they were finally called up by Montse Tomé for the first two Nations League matches (on Thursday the 22nd, against Sweden and on Tuesday the 26th, against Switzerland), a competition in which two places for the Paris Olympics are at stake, a competition that, until now, the National Team has never competed in Spanish feminine.

This group was also joined by the players who gave up the World Cup until situations that affected their "personal and emotional state" and their "performance" were reversed. After presenting all their arguments in a meeting of more than three hours, as Relevo learned, the recent champions, the vast majority, do not want to return to the National Team if they are called until, as requested by the CSD, there are no deeper changes in the structure of the RFEF. In fact, they are preparing a statement in which to make their position public. Even with specific changes.

https://www.relevo.com/futbol/futbol-femenino/jugadoras-nnnnn-jugadoras-mundialistas-meditan-20230914205935-nt.html

Because the Spanish FA just can't help themselves. They have called up 15 players who have boycotted the national team

They are trying to create a safe space so they also dropped Hermoso for her own protection 😂

Edited by Zatman

• 3 months later...

Mary Earps signs with a new agency, has been strongly linked with Arsenal, now being linked with PSG, if United do lose her I wonder if they will go for Janina Leitzig of Leicester, which could help us, although we really should be finishing above Leicester regardless, they actually signed a decent No.2 in the summer - Lize Kop, who is Netherland's number two goalkeeper, which made me wonder if they thought they wouldn't be able to keep Leitzig for long.

Sam Kerr has picked up ACL injury in training for Chelsea, and will miss the rest of the season. One of first thoughts was that I hope they don't look at Daly as a replacement, but I don't thinkt they will, more likely to go for someone younger, and Daly seems very settled with us, so we should be okay on that score.

• Sad 1

Interesting article by The Athletic regarding Maddy Cusack and the investigation into Jonathan Morgan.

I've been following the investigation into Morgan, and I'm shocked that United have stuck with him. He sounds like a bullying scum, who shouldn't be managing anyone. Thankfully the FA have started an investigation into him. The fact it cost someone their life is so tragic. 

Rest in Peace Maddy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Morgan has been sacked today and dropped by his agency

A Sheffield United  statement on Morgan’s departure said: “Due to new information that has come to light within the last few days with regards to Mr Morgan’s conduct before arriving at Bramall Lane, the club has reached the conclusion that Mr Morgan’s position is no longer tenable and his employment with the club has been terminated.

TTM said: “In the last 24 hours we have learnt new information regarding Jonathan Morgan and a relationship with a player under his charge. We will no longer be working with him in any capacity and the termination of our relationship is with immediate effect. The termination of this contract is a critical measure in preserving the integrity of our agency.

Telegraph

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen this team photo that wil be ten years old in a few days

ae4247bd-7f57-49b1-b188-5b2a7820f78d.jpg

Sarah Mayling still with us ten years later, albeit via small heath, didn't realize she and Maddy Cusack were in the Villa first team together, I think Amy West, Emma Follis, and Alisha N'Dow the only others that made appearances for us in the WSL, Carly Davies now manager of Nottingham Forest

• 1 month later...

Glad to see Emma Hayes lose today. Would be great to see Chelsea win nothing. 

Â