Women's Football

YLN

I watch the Matildas ( Australian womens team ) and I quite enjoy their games.Recently watched Matildas Vs Brazil and USA and all 3 games were very good,something like 3-0   3-2 and 3-1so,lots of goals without being silly.

7 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I watch the Matildas ( Australian womens team ) and I quite enjoy their games.Recently watched Matildas Vs Brazil and USA and all 3 games were very good,something like 3-0   3-2 and 3-1so,lots of goals without being silly.

Sam Kerr is one of the top strikers in the world: a local lass for you!

Just now, MakemineVanilla said:

Sam Kerr is one of the top strikers in the world: a local lass for you!

Yes,Sam is from Perth but there about 4/5 other Matildas playing for English teams.I know at least one plays for WHU.

53 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's a really poor product and it will continue to be a really poor product until they reduce the goalposts and the pitch sizes.

It's slow. It's tedious. It's not an enjoyable watch. It's growing indeed but I'm not sure how far it can grow now.

It's been shoved down people's throats and still hardly anyone watches it.

This is never gonna happen and you know that.

The women's game would get even less respect if they did that.

10 of the final scores in the European Qualifiers this week:

8-0, 11-0, 20-0, 8-0, 7-0, 9-0, 8-0, 12-0, 19-0, ,7-0

For real. This isn't good. Format seriously needs to change.

Bare in mind. These aren't results within the span of a year. These are from last week only.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

It's a really poor product and it will continue to be a really poor product until they reduce the goalposts and the pitch sizes.

It's slow. It's tedious. It's not an enjoyable watch. It's growing indeed but I'm not sure how far it can grow now.

It's been shoved down people's throats and still hardly anyone watches it.

Said this for a while, it just reduces the quality when the keeper can't reach a basic shot over their head or gets lobbed from 30 yards.

Women's basketball in America uses a closer 3 point line and a smaller ball compared to the NBA. Tennis they don't play as many sets as men, there's nothing wrong with making a change if it increases the quality of the product.

Just now, bobzy said:

I don't understand this "shoving down throats" that people keep referring to.

If you don't want to watch women's football, then don't.  Perhaps also stop making shit comments about it too.

Its always the people with no interest criticizing the quality of the game 😂😂

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

Said this for a while, it just reduces the quality when the keeper can't reach a basic shot over their head or gets lobbed from 30 yards.

Women's basketball in America uses a closer 3 point line and a smaller ball compared to the NBA. Tennis they don't play as many sets as men, there's nothing wrong with making a change if it increases the quality of the product.

i had no idea about this. maybe it's the way forward. problem is that changing it now, basically admits it's a lesser product. so it just won't happen

The WNBA does have different regulations. It’s also not given much respect and not well watched still. I don’t think it would make much difference.

It would also mean barriers to entry because the same facilities as men couldn’t be used.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Only in the Grand Slams otherwise they all play best of 3.

Soccer AM every week they put some of the questions about women's football nobody ever knows the answer. SSN BBC always reporting on it. The radio always talking about it.

Score updates goals highlights. Why? Nobody actually watches it.

Push notifications from Villa about women's fixtures results tickets. I don't care. I don't subscribe to Villa for this. What percentage of people do?

Edited by rodders0223

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Soccer AM every week they put some of the questions about women's football nobody ever knows the answer. SSN BBC always reporting on it. The radio always talking about it.

Score updates goals highlights. Why? Nobody actually watches it.

Push notifications from Villa about women's fixtures results tickets. I don't care. I don't subscribe to Villa for this. What percentage of people do?

41A00EF8-CAFE-4C25-85D3-5D6051DC2BDF.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

The WNBA does have different regulations. It’s also not given much respect and not well watched still. I don’t think it would make much difference.

It would also mean barriers to entry because the same facilities as men couldn’t be used.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Yes,Sam is from Perth but there about 4/5 other Matildas playing for English teams.I know at least one plays for WHU.

We have one at Villa now too 🙂

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
Â