Ask BOF anything

tomzep

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
In the absence of BOF, let me explain that bacon sandwiches must on no account have butter. HP sauce is the only addition required, or indeed, allowed.

See that's not a avatar that is a photo and the chef speaks sense.

Butter on bacon sandwiches :shock: Why not jam then ?

In the absence of BOF, let me explain that bacon sandwiches must on no account have butter. HP sauce is the only addition required, or indeed, allowed.

See that's not a avatar that is a photo and the chef speaks sense.

Butter on bacon sandwiches :shock: Why not jam then ?

I do, on occasions, experiment with my Bacon sandwich. Last attempt was cranberry jam.

Safe to say it will be my last attempt.

People hav ebutter on other sandwiches, right?

If you were having a ham sandwich or cheese sandwich, you'd put butter on it. Wouldn't you?

Why not on a bacon one?

The warm bacon melting the butter is half the goodness!

Totally and utterly this!

I recently found out that Americans often don't put butter on any sandwiches, they spread mayo on both sides instead. That is horrendous, you can't have a sandwich without butter, not helped by the fact that mayo is satans semen.

Totally and utterly this!

I recently found out that Americans often don't put butter on any sandwiches, they spread mayo on both sides instead. That is horrendous, you can't have a sandwich without butter, not helped by the fact that mayo is satans semen.

Mayonnaise is one of the few good things the French have brought the world (Though butter + burger = good)

I am now inspired to do a peanut butter, mayonnaise, butter, and banana sammich.

(I think the maple syrup, most especially Vermont Grade B (aka the One True Maple Syrup) would upset the balance in that sandwich)

Â