Ask BOF anything

tomzep

I can imitate a fair few, the scouse. Accent used to be a stumbling black, but now I think I've got that quite good.

Australian, american, irish, welsh and a really stereotypical dutch are my gems in my repertoire.

I can imitate a fair few, the scouse. Accent used to be a stumbling black, but now I think I've got that quite good.

Australian, american, irish, welsh and a really stereotypical dutch are my gems in my repertoire.

But which "American"? Which "Irish"? (etc.)

I can never quite get the Nottingham/East Midlands accent right, me duck.

Scouse is easy, la.

Deep south american, Dublin irish as someone at school was from Dublinand I imitated them to great comedic effect :lol:

I struggled with Scouse until I started doing "eeeeeerm" and "not guilty mate" "eh eh change the track mate"

I know this

Im (as in, cor blimey guv, look at 'im.

Muh-way (like "wheeeyyy! With an m at the start)

Tin (tin can)

Yan (like Jan Molby)

Glad to be of help.

My humour, when I'm not on here with the whiter than white VT crowd, can be how shall I put it 'controversial'. So my funnier 'in the moment' remarks would be very offensive, not to mention it's all about the timing and delivery, so you'd have to have been there :) (I think I got out of that quite well don't you :)).

Dublin Irish
There are an awful lot of very different accents within Dublin. From verrry common inner city (think Colin Farrell in Intermission or 'In Bruges'), to the relatively flat accent, to the pretentious snob one (think Rachel Allen) to the poncy D4 rugby crowd who say 'yaw' instead of yes and order a pint of 'probs' instead of Carlsberg :) And there's plenty in between those too :)

Which one did you master ? :)

You mean you're an off the cuff racist?

:lol: No, I tend to leave race alone, but I think like plenty on here, I wouldn't be out of place in an episode of South Park :)

The Colin Farrell in in Bruges Dublin irish :)

Although I've got to say, my Arsene Wenger interview impression is spot on

"Well er... I think err we "ave to be grateful of the point we gained today... Sometimes errrr... You 'ave to take the rough with the smoorh... And I didn't see it."

There's a fine line between an Irish accent and slipping into pirate. :)

You mean you're an off the cuff racist?

:lol: No, I tend to leave race alone, but I think like plenty on here, I wouldn't be out of place in an episode of South Park :)

Not sure I can disagree with that, my humour is also fairly.... NSFW sometimes... I like a good harsh joke, like the Lily Allen one :lol:

Â