Things that piss you off in Video Games

Designer1

8 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

He was citing Dragon Age and Mass Effect romances as the main 2. I reminded him they weren't 'forced' on you, they were options. I think he just generally doesn't feel comfortable talking to gay persons.

Ah, Dragon Age. I was so gay in those games. 

Responsible for simultaneously my favourite and least favourite VT memories. 

When DA2 was announced, I created a thread called 'ELF BUMMING SIMULATOR 2'. It's name got changed of course, but I was given the honourary custom user title of 'Elf Bummer'. I was happy. 

Some time later I did something slightly naughty, and my custom user name was removed. I was very, very sad. 

• Haha 1

On 13/10/2021 at 13:12, Designer1 said:

The fact that every time I start a new game I have to go into settings and select 'Invert Y'

What sort of weirdo plays without it inverted?*

*I realise there's probably a load as it's the default but its still **** weird.

Now I’m intrigued. I always play all games on default modes. I don’t even know what Invert Y would do.

35 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Now I’m intrigued. I always play all games on default modes. I don’t even know what Invert Y would do.

Pull down on the stick to look up.

I don't invert. 

Edited by Chindie

People who don't play the objective in multiplayer

I play domination on CoD, it's better than it used to be but it's still pretty mad how many players don't try and capture the areas, they play it like a normal deathmatch

I won't say people who lurk rather than camp, hangers back who get 20 easy kills and 2 deaths in a game whilst I'm running round getting 30 kills 30 deaths a game as that's just my personal play style but I don't really see the fun in hanging back, seems weird to me

That bazooka video in the cheery thread, I've killed 3 people and died 5 times in that timespan, how many times did that guy even fire his gun? I don't know what he's doing 

Edited by villa4europe

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

People who don't play the objective in multiplayer

Used to drive me mad in WoW Battlegrounds.

"OK, so you two stay and defend our base while we attack theirs and then protect us when we we're coming back with the flag"

"Yeah got it"

One minute later...
Everyone:
"LEEEEEEEEERRRRRROOOOOOOYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!"

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Games or areas in games where the camera flips when you go through a door/loading screen, so continually holding the thumbstick in the same direction ends up sending you back through the door you just came from. IIRC the early Resident Evil games were pretty bad for this.

• Like 3

On 31/10/2021 at 09:44, Delphouneso said:

Games or areas in games where the camera flips when you go through a door/loading screen, so continually holding the thumbstick in the same direction ends up sending you back through the door you just came from. IIRC the early Resident Evil games were pretty bad for this.

Devil May Cry as well.

Also tank controls in general, I hate them. Resident Evil is almost unplayable because of it.

I didn't mind it, capcom had the run with RE, Dino crisis, onimusha, devil may cry where they all had controls and cameras that have aged horribly but at the time they were brilliant games

One that does piss me off is who's making the decisions to remake and remaster which games? Why are they doing RE4 which has already been remeasterd on every console rather than onimusha? Why is the devil may cry franchise still going but other better ones aren't? Wheres silent Hill gone? At least dead space is coming back

Poor quality remasters of old games.   If you're going to bother remastering, make sure the graphics & audio are at least decent PS4 standard, and also upgrade the clunkiness of menus for an easy win. 

Bioshock remaster - great!

Final Fantasy XIII remaster - terrible!

Online players forcing you to watch their replays of tap-ins on FIFA.

Getting battered by a random 10 year old on FIFA because I don't have all day every day to play it because I'm a grown man with a job and a kid.

When FIFA decides that you're going to lose a game in career mode and makes all your shots hit the woodwork and your keeper score an OG.

In fact, just FIFA in general. I think I'm done with it now.

On 09/10/2021 at 12:30, Designer1 said:

Levels where the game decides to take away all the weapons or powers that you've earned for a while.

Oh and levels where you're drugged and/or hallucinating and have to negotiate a psychedelic scenario.

The second paragraph, reminds me of a mission in CoD Cold War... absolutely hated it. 

5 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

The second paragraph, reminds me of a mission in CoD Cold War... absolutely hated it. 

Max Payne for me. Although it was great fun overall.

So many games I’ve forgotten I’d played until reading this section of the forum.

• Like 1

Â