Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/10/21 at 22:59

Dissapointing performance. After getting back into the game, conceding the goal the way we did was awful. We were playing against a team low on confidence and it I felt theres was no fluidity in our play at all. 

Slightly annoyed at having to pick a Villa player for MOTM in the poll, when I can't make an honest case for any of them. The actual answer is that Son looked like he was playing at a completely different level. 

I felt we should have changed things earlier, and I'm ready to drop the 5-3-2 now our fixtures are getting easier. Hause shouldn't be being picked for many games ahead of Traore or Bailey. 

A bad result, a bad performance, a shame we have to wait two weeks to put it right. 

Oh well, onwards and surely upwards. 

• Like 2

Just now, Spoony said:

Repeating this here. There is way too much overreaction here. We’ve been fine. They are a better team that’s just a fact and the likes of Son make a difference. He’s a £100m+ player.

Pretty happy with this but we need creativity and I’m really worried that Buendia is absolutely not the answer…

Standard mate. Always worth taking a day off from VT when we lose a game.  Agree about Son. If Grealish is worth 100m god knows what this lad is worth. 

• Like 2

I thought we'd gift them a win, typical Villa.

Two good games, one bad game, typical Villa.

Son MOTM, I couldn't vote for any Villa player as none of them were worthy of a vote.

Change formation, change personnel as some of them didn't deserve to play today. I'm angry at that lame performance, really angry having just wasted ninety minutes of my life watching that c***

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Wrong formation. Midfield 3 all had awful games.

Never seen McGinn play as badly as that.

we knew this season would be up and down just disappointing after last week.

Did you miss last season?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Will be very hard for us to play worse but manager has to take plenty of responsibility for the loss. It wad obvious about 15 minutes in Spurs had figured us out but no changes until 65 minutes. 

Midfield was out manned and afraid to try and hold possession, while Mings et al just hoofed it back to Spurs defence. 

• Like 1

Had a good early 10 minutes.

The next 20 set the scene. We did not scrape 3 passes together. Zero composure, poor quality with touches and simple passing and low percentage plays. Effort was there, but all we did was kick and run.

If I hadn't known better, I'd call that bruce-ball. Unsurprisingly, spurs scored at the end of that period. And that 20 minutes set the tempo for the rest of the game.

• Like 2

Formation didn't work. 

The problem with 3 at the back is they end up having too much influence on the game in terms of the amount of passing they do, which leads to mistakes. 

When Bailey is fit and Buendia settled I don't think we will play with the 3-5-2

Â