Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/10/21 at 22:59

Im still here trying to find food haha anyway it went as I predicted 2-1 to them we didn’t embarrass ourselves a very narrow defeat although in the end the score could have been a lot worse as they cut through us a few times ... some villa fans by me got chucked out for celebrating 🤦🏽‍♂️ Not ramseys fault by all means... think bidace needs more game time though tbf 

Just now, rjw63 said:

I think a result like this means we aren't as good as we think we are, and another mid-table finish is on the cards.

No need for this kind of panic its just one of those games mate 

We were the team that played the way we all expected Spurs to play. When we showed how we could play against Manure, there is no excuse for that sort of performance.

We will never disturb the top echelons of the PL until we show consistency every time we play.

• Like 1

Just now, RicRic said:

No need for this kind of panic its just one of those games mate 

I wouldn't say panic, if it was panic I'd be like "sack everyone".

If we can't beat a below-par Tottenham then we must be around the mid-table mark as a team.

When we can win these games, then we can think about top 4/6.

Its just so typical aston villa to give in to a team that needs a bit of healing. We've been there before its not new. 

If anything im surprised we didn't allow the model professional cute diving Harry Kane to score

Edited by HongKongVillan
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, maqroll said:

We had a sniff of top 4 one season under ONeill. Prior to that, early 90s. 

Ah Gregory's Graduates may have something to say about that. Battling with Chelsea for top spot until Christmas, when losses to Coventry and Blackburn and Newcastle put an end to that.

I think Deadly Doug refused to sanction an extra £500k for Robbie Keane, and Gregory wanted to buy Muzzy Izzet. After neither signing happened, the wheels came off. That's how I remember it anyways.

11 games unbeaten. Merson, Joachim, Dublin, Collymore even. The glory days

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Random note, I've always thought it's bizarre that none of the " Elite " teams have ever made a serious attempt for Son.

I'd have him over the likes of Kane all day, incredible player.

I think that may be down to Levy and the amount of money he would want. He is a fabulous player

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Well that was terrible.

Martinez I put as motm as none of the outfield players were even vaguely good.

Cash, 1st touch terrible, crossing terrible, poor decision making and lost his man 6 maybe 7 times leaving them clean through down the right.

Konsa, don't think he did too much wrong but didn't see anything good 

Mings, some mings type play. Stops a goal on the line one minute, poor pass sets them clean through ghe next. Poor headers of the ball for his height, that oddly people were defending. Today under no pressure several headers aimless or out of play, no power or direction.

Hause, did better than the rest at winning the ball but it just kept bouncing back to them whn he did put in a challenge.

Target, he is missing the overlap and because of this, the expectation is that he crosses the ball, his crossing was not good today bat our goal.

Luiz, looked like he was trying to get himself sent off at the end of the game, some tidy passing but several poor 1st touches giving the ball straight back to them.

Mcginn over hit under hit mis directed you name anything other than perfect weighted pass and he did it all game. Holding the ball too long and giving it away was another trait today.

Ramsey was poor 1st half, 2nd half bar flicking the ball to ings for watkins goal he was anonymous 

Watkins scored, thats the best I can sat in what was another repeat offender for miscontrolling the ball, not running the lines and when he did. Got caught offside.

Ings had a couple shots a couple tackles and not much else

Smith left it too late 

Think word for word this is how I saw it today.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I wouldn't say panic, if it was panic I'd be like "sack everyone".

If we can't beat a below-par Tottenham then we must be around the mid-table mark as a team.

When we can win these games, then we can think about top 4/6.

But Tottenham weren't below par today - they were pretty good, all in. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately for us Spurs have suddenly found a patch of form.

Their talent came out on top today and we didn't help ourselves with majority of our play being quite poor in the game, we just weren't with it today.

Hopefully we pick ourselves up and have nearly everyone fit for the next lot of games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Random note, I've always thought it's bizarre that none of the " Elite " teams have ever made a serious attempt for Son.

I'd have him over the likes of Kane all day, incredible player.

He is one of my favourite player in the Premier League.

You're right though JV, remarkable how no other big teams have made a move for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Unfortunately for us Spurs have suddenly found a patch of form.

I think we helped them find a patch of form. We were very poor and made the game easy for Spurs. Our lack of consistency is a concern. I get that we will play better some weeks than others but the difference between a good Villa game and a bad Villa game is too big imo. 

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

But Tottenham weren't below par today - they were pretty good, all in. 

Hard to judge an opposition performance when we make it so painlessly easy for them. They were given all the space in the world, our pressing game was awful.

• Like 2

Â