International Duty

Adam2003

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Oh nice, I had totally missed this*. Good for Aaron. 

*exactly why I started this thread 

Hoping Ollie and Tyrone get starts for England this weekend.

I doubt it as Southgate only starts players who are at a top 4 club apparently (Except keepers & DM's that is ... hypocrite)

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I have zero interest in what our players are doing for their national teams.

International football is so dull and if it was up to me I would scrap the whole thing.

What a fundamentally wrong opinion.

International football is the pinnacle, it’s the highest level of professional football, sure, some games are boring and predictable but how does that differ from the PL or any other competition, every format has its big and small teams.

No other form of football can bring a whole nation of fans together, I’m not surprised you have this view whatsoever and it’s probably just more baiting but I’m calling it out anyway.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I have zero interest in what our players are doing for their national teams.

International football is so dull and if it was up to me I would scrap the whole thing.

Probably not the ideal thread for you then.

I have little interest in internationals as a rule BUT like to see Villa players doing well and developing (hence this thread).

Happy for McGinn - great record for scotland. 

• Like 4

On 06/10/2021 at 13:44, Johnnyp said:

CONMEBOL is a joke. It was put to them that could of scraped this years copa america and ran off some WCQ instead. They pushed ahead with it and now they’ve a massive backlog 

Sure Emi and Lionel would've loved that idea

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Twenty minutes off the bench for Luiz in Brazil's qualifier - he'll be happy at least to have played some minutes to justify his trip.

Yep good for him. And another clean sheet for Emi for Argentina, 1-0 win over Peru.

Â