International Duty

Adam2003

Mods, feel free to delete with my apologies if inappropriate or been done before but I thought in the same way as we have the ‘loan watch’ thread it might be worth having a thread where we can keep track of which of our players are called up and how they get on on international duty? Can also maybe keep some of the ‘quarantine’ chat off some of the player threads. I find it hard to keep track of some of the U19s etc especially, or the games at odd times of the night with our South Americans etc - nice to see what’s going on when you might not think to look in a particular player thread.

I’ve seen Mings and Watkins in the England squad, and I think Emi M in the Argentina squad. Ings and Emi B miss out respectively.

Who else is off on duty after this weekend?

• Like 3

Jacob Ramsey is in the England U21 squad, Philogene-Bidace is with the U20s, Carney Chukwuemeka, Aaron Ramsey, and Filip Marschall are with the U19s, and Caolan McBride is in Northern Ireland's U19 squad.

Edited by useless

No Douglas Luiz in the Brazil squad - Fred still in there which seems like bad decision-making from Brazil but works out well for us.

McGinn in the Scotland squad.

Cant see Burkina Faso squad anywhere but they have games Friday and Monday and so I assume Bertrand Traore will be off for those.

Edited by Adam2003

Kesler Hayden isn't in the U20 squad or any other, not sure why he's apparently been outstanding at Swindon, whilst some of the players called up ahead of him are still playing U23 football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, useless said:

Kesler Hayden isn't in the U20 squad or any other, not sure why he's apparently been outstanding at Swindon, whilst some of the players called up ahead of him are still playing U23 football.

Southgate was saying about Greenwood that he and his family felt he needed to rest a little in breaks to establish himself in club football. If Kesler is playing regularly for Swindon and adapting to first team football maybe there is a touch of that.

I notice that Ethan Ingram who's normally Kesler-Hayden's understudy and has been getting first team football at Albion this season has also been left out, so might just be a case of them wanting to try more of the players who are still playing academy football rather than first team football.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

FWIW, Swindon fans seemed to absolutely love him after the first couple of games but his performances have tailed off since

I really hate it when our players get called up for England. It's just a huge tapping up "time you got to a proper club" camp. No doubt Mings & Watkins will be next out the door.

I note Grealish is now a permanent starter after he followed Southgates orders and got to a "Proper team". No wonder he left! Quite bizarre how he was formerly "up against such good players in his position" to the second he moves it's no longer an issue and he starts every game. 

He must have learned so much after playing 2 games under Pep that he is now undroppable. 

What a farce!

4 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I really hate it when our players get called up for England. It's just a huge tapping up "time you got to a proper club" camp. No doubt Mings & Watkins will be next out the door.

Well Watkins is lucky to be at Villa and currently performing at a level below what we expect, and Mings is about at his level, so no fear of that.

6 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Mad that we’ve only got one midfielder not on International duty or not already injured (Sanson). Hope everyone comes back fit, a couple of the younger players came back crocked last time.

Luiz hasn't been called up.

On 01/10/2021 at 13:17, useless said:

Kesler Hayden isn't in the U20 squad or any other.

He's now apparently been called up to the U20 squad.

Swinkels with Netherlands U18s and Bogarde has been moved up to the U19s.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Â