Andorra v England/England v Hungary

andykeenan

7 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

They'll most likely be better than their male counterparts. 

Yup, nothing but respect for women who've managed to get to this level of involvement in the men's game, they're going to have been under far more scrutiny than men at the same level.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Yup, nothing but respect for women who've managed to get to this level of involvement in the men's game, they're going to have been under far more scrutiny than men at the same level.

Shows how accepted it is in the game aswell there wasn't hour after hour build up in press and radio to this. They'll be a female ref in premier league within next decade, already had female assistants for over 20 years now so won't be a huge deal....until they start making strange decisions of course.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Shows how accepted it is in the game aswell there wasn't hour after hour build up in press and radio to this. They'll be a female ref in premier league within next decade, already had female assistants for over 20 years now so won't be a huge deal....until they start making strange decisions of course.

The main thing about Massey is her first game in the PL as a 4th official she was 25, she's only 36 now, I'm sure out of the 4 new PL appointed this summer 2 of them are older than her

They need her youth as much as anything else, it's telling that not only has a woman made it in that world but she was also 10 years younger than the men making it 

Just now, villa4europe said:

The main thing about Massey is her first game in the PL as a 4th official she was 25, she's only 36 now, I'm sure out of the 4 new PL appointed this summer 2 of them are older than her

They need her youth as much as anything else, it's telling that not only has a woman made it in that world but she was also 10 years younger than the men making it 

I can remember Wendy Toms running the line at a game at VP in late 90s so that was massive news at the time so I assume she was first.

Just checked and there was female ref doing Harrogate-Port Vale in league 2 last season so if she progresses she'll probably hit premier league in 3-4 seasons.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ollie sitting next to he who shall not be named on the bench.

Surprised he didn't start this tbh given he scored v San Marino a few months ago.

That’s it then… he’s off to Man City in January 😭😭😭😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I can remember Wendy Toms running the line at a game at VP in late 90s so that was massive news at the time so I assume she was first.

Just checked and there was female ref doing Harrogate-Port Vale in league 2 last season so if she progresses she'll probably hit premier league in 3-4 seasons.

Smashing :D

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Haha 1

Well done Gareth.  A glittering array of Premier League stars playing a nation of 77,000 people and somehow he's managed to set them up to have barely any chances and still look dull and uninspiring. 

The gulf is so enormous we should be at least 4 nil up by now if not more. 

Edited by sidcow

Â