Pre Match Thread

maqroll

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Which is probably same as Villa park - ie: nothing!

at chelsea they did check...not thoroughly but they did make sure you had the app and the QR code. didn't verify your name or anything though

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

at chelsea they did check...not thoroughly but they did make sure you had the app and the QR code. didn't verify your name or anything though

So they’re probably strict and check and will need to make sure its done .. dunno where to start with it all but hey ho.. dont want any more games this season after the united game im still on a high and don’t want to ever come down 😢 will probably have to predict a loss on sunday and i dont want to say it but its just the pattern in football they lose against their biggest rivals and the week before so they will be going all out against us to ensure victory and we have had it maybe too good in a sense by winning the last two games... but we always go with that optimism 

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

So they’re probably strict and check and will need to make sure its done .. dunno where to start with it all but hey ho.. dont want any more games this season after the united game im still on a high and don’t want to ever come down 😢 will probably have to predict a loss on sunday and i dont want to say it but its just the pattern in football they lose against their biggest rivals and the week before so they will be going all out against us to ensure victory and we have had it maybe too good in a sense by winning the last two games... but we always go with that optimism 

I missed the United game due to Covid. 

I'm Going Sunday. 

Almost guarantee we lose. 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I'm Going Sunday. 

It’s Southampton we’re playing now, not Tottenham. So, once you get down there just hang around St Mary’s for a bit. The Villa players will arrive at some point. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I'm Going Sunday. 

Didnt wanna say it like that tbf 😂 and im sorry to hear that you missed the game due to this hope you are feeling better now and ill be going with a much more whatever happens happens mindset as opposed to the united game where it was a battlefield match for me i wanted blood sweat and tears for that one 😂 and got the victory.. im presuming i can collect one of these lateral tests from my local pharmacy 

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

It’s Southampton we’re playing now, not Tottenham. So, once you get down there just hang around St Mary’s for a bit. The Villa players will arrive at some point. 

Thanks Tayls. A34 it is! 

2 hours ago, pas5898 said:

I'm Going Sunday. 

don't go ,then....but sorry, about your covid.

Edited by TRO

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Without three in the middle we have no control of games at all. I think we can change from 4 or 5 at the back and from 2 or 3 (1 with wingers up front) but I think we lose if we move away from three in the middle - each and every time.

I think Luiz, Ramsey and McGinn all have to play - to get the wingers on, I htink we have to lose a CB.

I agree, we definitely need three in the middle. I’m enjoying our set up with the back 5 at the moment but think we need to move away from it for certain games and don’t want to rely on it too much. Against the better teams I think it’s a no brainier but throughout the season I’d rather we had 4 at the back and be more attacking up top. For Sunday I’d be happy if we kept the same line up as against United. It’s strange feeling confident coming up against this spurs team on Sunday but there’s always the doubt they could turn up and bring us back down a few pegs. I do think we have enough form and quality to beat them tho, I think a 2-1 win 

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'm looking forward to this.

I've had a feeling in me all week that we will get something from this game.

I feel like this every game atm. We are in a good place long may it continue. Finally, as a club, we really have our shit together. Its great that other clubs such as Spuds can see that too and are jealous we’re in that place and they’re not. For far too long its been the other way round

• Like 3

On 01/10/2021 at 15:59, darrenm said:

I'm amazed Tanganga manages to see out 90 minutes with how aggressive he is. If they're fired up looking for a reaction he might be a risk for them.

Think they'll play a back 5 and Doherty.....Tanaganga may squeeze into their 3 CBs though as they surely won't play Sanchez AND Dier again?!

We're laughing if Nuno plays those two again.

Half panicking i cant get the pass and QR code stuff to add to my wallet .. i have a negative result which i taken today but the stadium require the result to be shown on the app but i dont know how to do it.. does this mean im going to miss the match  as its not on the app😕 i mean my results show on my email .

anyway i got to be honest and predict a 2-1 win to spurs just based on the football cycle and them needing the win after that NLD loss... fingers crossed im wrong

Edited by RicRic

Morning Villa fans! My son woke me up at 5:30 which is fairly standard, but on match days it just means longer to wait until we’re playing!

Feeling a bit pessimistic about this one… so I would be happy with a draw to be honest as it would keep our unbeaten streak going and would be ok away from home.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Morning Villa fans! My son woke me up at 5:30 which is fairly standard, but on match days it just means longer to wait until we’re playing!

Feeling a bit pessimistic about this one… so I would be happy with a draw to be honest as it would keep our unbeaten streak going and would be ok away from home.

Morning. I also feel a bit pessimistic about this one too after their midweek result and all the talk about us being the team to worry about and dark horses for a top 6 finish. 

But I also felt pessimistic about playing Manure last week, so maybe its going to be OK. I would be happy with a point at their place 

• Like 2

I think this is a key game: a loss would suggest we could have been getting carried away; a win (if in the same vein as the last three performances) would suggest a growing belief and suggestion we are onto something.

A lot of pundits reckon Nuno is a just a bad fit, and their stats are terrible so far, but they have plenty talent and if we keep missing chances they have plenty of players with a worldie in them.

I am feeling optimistic though, I think we are improving and unlucky not to have scored more goals so if that turns the corner we are a formidable proposition. I think today could be that day and we win by a few goals: Spurs 0-3 Villa. Watkins, Ings and Konsa. That would be a very good result on lots of levels.

The game I fear is West Ham so hopefully we build towards that positively.

• Like 1