Pre Match Thread

maqroll

On 26/09/2021 at 09:40, robby b said:

Emi

Cash       Konsa    Hause    Mings         Young

Buendía          Luiz       McGinn      Traore/AEG

Watkins

* Traore or AEG to replace Buendía and Ings to replace Watkins with about 20 to to go.

I wouldn't mind somthing similar but in a 3-4-3 (similar to Chelsea).

Emi

Konsa          Hause        Mings

Cash          Luiz             SJM              Targett/Ash

Buendia         Ollie             JPB

Ings and Traore on with 25 left.

• Like 1

Without three in the middle we have no control of games at all. I think we can change from 4 or 5 at the back and from 2 or 3 (1 with wingers up front) but I think we lose if we move away from three in the middle - each and every time.

I think Luiz, Ramsey and McGinn all have to play - to get the wingers on, I htink we have to lose a CB.

• Like 4

On 27/09/2021 at 09:08, Don_Simon said:

Hause has to start for two reasons.

1) He's done nothing to warrant being dropped.

2) He's actually our player. 

Don't know why they haven't got him tied down on a new contract.  Only 6mths left plus the option to extend for a year I believe.  He must be one of the best and most reliable 3rd/4th choice in the division??  Maybe they are trying?

And I agree, he should start.  Harsh on Axel maybe as not his fault he came out but you can't be MOTM (or one of two candidates) and then get dropped the next game ... it just sends out the wrong message.  Equally, he is really good header of the ball and they're potentially vulnerable to aerial balls - I think Austin might have a field day. 😉

On 27/09/2021 at 10:11, smg said:

There is rotation and there is changing the team for the sake of it. At the moment I think it is better to have a settled winning team, the rotation can be used later in the season when players are tired. They are not tired at the moment some aren’t even match fit, it’s a great option to be able to rotate which we haven’t had before but only at the right time.

Particularly when we are just about to have an international break and probably only Emi and SJM will play significant minutes in that?  I suppose some of the kids might play at U-21s?

On 27/09/2021 at 15:34, BOF said:

Spurs sure are going through a bad patch. I wonder when they face a side great for getting you out of a bad patch?

Seeing the way Villa (and Spurs...) play these days makes me confident on this one.

But seeing the fixture on paper does not.

Let's say I'm hopeful but not expecting.

Isn't that the same for almost every away game in this division, as a fan, except maybe Newcastle and Norwich?? 😉

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Surprised to see Gollini in goal ! 

All we have to do is get Watkins to keep his back to him, at some point gollini will just have to kick the ball at his ass .....

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Without three in the middle we have no control of games at all. I think we can change from 4 or 5 at the back and from 2 or 3 (1 with wingers up front) but I think we lose if we move away from three in the middle - each and every time.

I think Luiz, Ramsey and McGinn all have to play - to get the wingers on, I htink we have to lose a CB.

This substitution may be the way forward in game! 

It will be a tough old game, and we need to be ready for that.

If they switch, the switch on....they too can get beat anyone.

If we approach this game like we did at Old Trafford, we can too.

23 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Fellow Villians whats the procedure with the spurs match in terms of covid tests , never done this stuff before so unsure and is it mandatory so do they actually check these 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Aston-Villa-matchday-info-for-travelling-fans/

Ahead of the match, which kicks off at 2pm, the club would like to remind fans travelling to the game that they are required to adhere to the procedures in place at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

• Like 1