Drinking in the stands

tomav84

Drinking in the stands  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Should fans be allowed to drink in their seats?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/21 at 10:25

No. 10-15% of football fans are words removed and would spoil it for everyone else.

For the majority of that 10-15% it isn’t even about the football, it’s an excuse to get leathered and behave like an animal. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

exactly, even if they weren't being thrown in the air, imagine if you had a full pint in your hand when bailey scored that 3rd the other week...no way it's not going everywhere

Even if we didn’t score but came close to scoring, you’d have ale going all over you 

On 24/09/2021 at 22:13, Davkaus said:

Don't see much crowd trouble at the cricket though, do you? The nation does have a drinking problem, but those least able to control themselves are far more likely to attend football matches than other sports. 

I'd enjoy sipping a pint in the holte end, if it wasn't for the inevitable behaviour from a group of stupid words removed that will almost certainly ruin it for everyone else.

My mates dad has 10 pints before lunch at Edgbaston when we go to a test match and will only go for his first piss at that point, well into his 70's. What a man

• Like 1

On 25/09/2021 at 08:21, aygee said:

I am fine with the idea of it and would certainly have a beer at my seat myself if I could.

I don't like the thought of leaving the stadium drenched and smelling of stale Heineken as a result of the 'limbs' from a last minute winner though! 

Swings and roundabouts.

Drink Purity instead maybe? 

On 25/09/2021 at 11:08, Davkaus said:

In most other countries I'd have no problem with it at all, and over here I enjoy a beer in the stands at rugby and cricket as well.

As @HanoiVillan said above, you even get to have a pint watching lower league games and there's no real problem.

There's something about the Sky, Big Match, Lads Lads Lads culture that'd probably make it a nightmare in PL/England internationals though, IMO. Maybe it's always been a thing and I live an overly sheltered life, but a bunch of clearings in the woods seemed to start doing it in the 2018 WC, and now it seems it's just a thing that's here to stay.

what about totty and wet t shirts 

Â