Match Thread: Man United v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One of my worries, is Hause seems to fall asleep on the ball at times, we simply can't afford that ffs.

All other aspects of his game are good but that is worrying.

Agreed. He's been caught ball watching several times today. We're lucky they haven't punished us for it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chicago Villan 1974 said:

Love that our villa faithful are pretty much the only fans one can hear on TV. “She said no Ronaldo, she said no!” 🤭

best I’ve seen is play at old trafford since Dec 12/2009, but man we gotta take those chances ! 

They’ve had to reshuffle w Shaw going off, but fearful our missed chances will proverbial come back to haunt us 

Great song for a nonce.

Guilt edged opportunities missed by both teams. We definitely should have had two from Targett and Watkins with Konsa's header not as easy as it first looked. United should also have two.  Greenwood really should be doing better, was an easy side foot pass around Martinez or a simply square pass to Bruno for him, along with Pogba's header which was inches away from going in.

Extremely happy with our attacking intent on that half, especially Cash showing how overrated Shaw is. We do look vulnerable to the counter though. 

Watkins still looks rusty, some sloppy play and a couple poor finishes so far. His sharpness will come back but we need him back to his best.

Targett has had some woeful passes to try and make something of, a few are guilty of those but over all we have been reasonably solid. 

Just hope hause goes in a 50 50 with pogba and wipes the cheating shit out for the rest of the match.

1 minute ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Ings and watkins pairing just not working for me...Ings is working hard tracking back etc..Watkins just looks shattered(understandable after having a new born, i have been there many times)..we need to change it up front

We get it, you shag alot, but this is the match thread...showoff

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

Odd stat from the bbc sport page.

Aston Villa have failed to score a first-half goal in four of their six games. Only Crystal Palace (5) and Wolves (5) have failed to score more often in the Premier League this season.

Six games in this means FA

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Ings and watkins pairing just not working for me...Ings is working hard tracking back etc..Watkins just looks shattered(understandable after having a new born, i have been there many times)..we need to change it up front

Yeah, think I'd bring on Traore to do Traore type things 

2 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

Odd stat from the bbc sport page.

Aston Villa have failed to score a first-half goal in four of their six games. Only Crystal Palace (5) and Wolves (5) have failed to score more often in the Premier League this season.

No mention of the fact that we are 8th top scorers in the league to balance that stat!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One of my worries, is Hause seems to fall asleep on the ball at times, we simply can't afford that ffs.

All other aspects of his game are good but that is worrying.

Always been the issue with him, his concentration/awareness.