Match Thread: Man United v Villa

limpid

Love that our villa faithful are pretty much the only fans one can hear on TV. “She said no Ronaldo, she said no!” 🤭

best I’ve seen is play at old trafford since Dec 12/2009, but man we gotta take those chances ! 

They’ve had to reshuffle w Shaw going off, but fearful our missed chances will proverbial come back to haunt us 

• Like 3

We’re a really, really good side. I love how we’re taking the game to them. Just so frustrating that we’ve got one of the best finishers in the league and our chances don’t seem to fall to him. 

• Like 1

We need to have a few more shots when decently placed. It can take a nick and go out for a corner or a decent shot might go in. We've been a little sloppy at times so we need to cut that out. 

But the middle 3 need to shorten the distance between them because I feel they're getting through us a little bit too easily and they've had about 5/6 easy chances compared to our 3.

0-0 + Mike Dean, Manchester United you know the script and the inevitable outcome.

We do seem to have a problem with not being clinical, we should have scored quite a few more goals this season already, if we were a bit more clinical and composed.

For all of Watkins' brilliance, he does lack a bit of clinical finishing.

Is the reason some of these chances arent falling to Ings, that he is playing a little deeper?, almost like a shadow striker or false 9 type?

Been a good first  half, pressing tactics are working and Cash in particular getting behind well. Have had the chances just not taking them. Of course, Mike Dean is doing his Mike Dean best to help out Utd with soft free kicks and I'm sure he's ready to step in with a penalty for them if they don't manage to get a goal otherwise.