Ratings & Reactions: Man United v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/09/21 at 22:59

Just now, YLN said:

I didn't think Targett's was that bad. He couldn't hit it low because the defender was flying in, so he had to lift it, and just lifted it too much because he's a left back. If he was a striker then it would be a horrible miss, but if he hits it low it just bounces off the defender sliding in. He gave it a chance. 

It was a bad miss, but not one for the ages or anything.

Couldn't agree more with this. I wonder how many people screaming about it being a tap in and a horrendous miss actually play football even casually?

It was a low ball whipped in with pace. He had to lift it because Wan Bissaka threw himself in low on the ground. Lifting a ball up over the defender but keeping it low would have taken a very well struck finish. I'd favour Ings to have smashed that in, but it's no shock a defender couldn't convert it. Really difficult chance, IMO. 

Martinez MOM purely for his massive South American balls.

Superb performance all round. Would've been so harsh on Hause if we had drawn because he was excellent again and the flicked header for his goal was beautiful.

Finally beating the Scum is a sexy feeling! Looks like we are turning into a very good side.

That said, there's some weird chemistry going on between Watkins and Ings. Watkins is putting in all his usual team effort, but he looks unhappy.

His first touch and shooting was poor today and has been in most of the games so far. Well out of sorts. 

1 minute ago, sne said:

Solskjaer saying the goal was offside and bitching about Villa players hassling the Manure players before the penalty :D Cry me a river Gollum.

He's a man knowing his time is running short. Just a rapist-sheltering version of Tim Sherwood. 

• Like 1

Great game!

Villa looked very calm and mature in their play; you have to say well done to Dean Smith and the management for our style of play.

Ramsey, McGinn all standouts. But I went for Luiz as he linked defense and midfield so well which allowed McGinn to push forward.

Watkins played well but again wasted a few chances as he did against Chelsea which is worrying, his conversion statistics are poor.

You could tell Ings was p***** at being subbed, and he probably has a point but Watkins is so quick at closing the opposition down and we needed that for the last twenty minutes especially. 

Hause what a header. Cash outstanding once again.

About time we f***** them for a change. We probably should have beaten them last year too!

UTV 

• Like 1

Superb performance, the stats won’t show it but we were good value for that win, missed some glorious opportunities before we scored, though they had a number of efforts too it should be said.

Hope Ramsey’s slip doesn’t get into his head, he might not feel like it’s gonna happen for him after fluffing his lines at Old Trafford.

Everyone played really well, hard to extract a MOTM so gone for Martinez who was solid all day, excellent at playing the sweeper keeper when needed and above all, he totally psyched out Fernandes by demanding Ronaldo take the penalty (which is what I think was happening).

Seeing my Man Ure supporting mate tonight, can’t wait.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Martinez MOM purely for his massive South American balls.

Superb performance all round. Would've been so harsh on Hause if we had drawn because he was excellent again and the flicked header for his goal was beautiful.

Finally beating the Scum is a sexy feeling! Looks like we are turning into a very good side.

That said, there's some weird chemistry going on between Watkins and Ings. Watkins is putting in all his usual team effort, but he looks unhappy.

His first touch and shooting was poor today and has been in most of the games so far. Well out of sorts. 

It was a great win today but I think Smith should revert to 4 at the back and drop one of Ings or Watkins (Ings for me because Watkins does more off the ball). 

Maybe he won't do it for Spurs but after the international break when Bailey is back I'd like to see 4-3-3 with Bailey, Watkins and Buendia in attack. But Ollie's finishing currently is a major concern.

We're more solid with 5 at the back but it negates our attack and Ings-Watkins isn't really working. After the international break the games aren't as difficult so we should be able to take the handbrake off more. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Â