Ratings & Reactions: Man United v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/09/21 at 22:59

10 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Yeah I was more surprised at ours. We scored a goal and then had 3/4 gilt edged chances and a series of half chances. I have no idea how Xg works but having seen the game and the stat it’s not giving me a lot of faith in the stat if that makes sense. 

xG is about quality of chances. Targetts chance was our highest per xG. Hause's header was low , like .04. It was a crappy chance but just an amazing header by Hause. 

• Like 1

On 25/09/2021 at 20:12, Davkaus said:

Tbh, it's a tough one. As we line up the corner Watkins is in what would be an offside position and is interfering with De Gea. But the ball is played backwards so he can't possibly be offside.

When Hause heads it, De Gea has pushed himself clear, and Watkins is still in an offside position but no longer in De Gea's eyeline, but he's still reaching back and they're only just detangling from each other. Is this interfering with play? I'd certainly feel a little peeved if it was the other way around Not going to shed any tears after the decisions they've got against us over the years, but I think we got away with one here.

1nSvoqP.png

A tiny fraction of a second before:

TAOgAAw.png

Yeah but Ole is moaning that its offside, not that he was impeding with the keeper.

I'm sure they see all the replays pitchside, so he would have seen it back and didn't moan about the impeding, its since been proven from various angles that he wasn't offside. 

Penalty at old trafford, every fan can say those words and know its about to happen. The late winner was classic fergi and sweet revenge for all those bad days in manchester when we played well and came away with nothing. Kortney brings another asset to this team, the ability to head a ball with total control and direction and allows our central defenders to stay calm.

• Like 1

Still buzzing, long overdue, and if I had been given a choice of how we win this match out of all the million possible scenario's available - an 88th min winner and a missed pen from that cheating rat would have been very very high on the list 😀

Made even better with the bitterness shown by Ole in his post-match comments and a game we fully deserved to win. UTV!

• Like 4

On 25/09/2021 at 14:34, Davkaus said:

I often thought McGinn was the weak link in our midfield, but he has stepped up this season and looks to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of our tactic not being "pass it to Grealish" anymore. 

He has been great.  But I think it is more to do with the fact that he has focused on getting himself fit again - back to the levels when he first came/before the Southampton injury or better.  He has said as much.

He looks so mobile and is using his momentum to glide past people.

2 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Still buzzing, long overdue, and if I had been given a choice of how we win this match out of all the million possible scenario's available - an 88th min winner and a missed pen from that cheating rat would have been very very high on the list 😀

Made even better with the bitterness shown by Ole in his post-match comments and a game we fully deserved to win. UTV!

Mate it was simply the best ever .. my emotions were running high ... not sure if sitting with the united fans made it better as i looked to my right and seen all the villa boys making noise it was truly emotional words can’t explain... couldn’t wait to get out there and celebrate with the lads... beating them with ronaldo pogba fernandes and co was just something out of my dreams 😍.... love to see the players celebrate intensely so wasnt happy with watkins lack of excitement when we scored. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 25/09/2021 at 14:36, penguin said:

Going to Old Trafford and pressing them into their final third and taking it to them. Could have easily scored more, we seem much more a “team” without Jack I have to say.

Exciting time for us.

It was a great performance and the two before weren't bad.

That team was largely available to Dean last year - when Jack was out injured - with the exception of Ings who hasn't been that fantastic in any of those games (although admittedly he was involved in the build up for Cash's goal and with an assist for Bailey's final goal).

I don't like the Jack bashing - I think Jack was great for "team" morale - and whilst I might not like the fact that he left us as he did, I think this team would be on another level still had he stayed.  Can you imagine a front 6 of Luiz - SJM - Jack (10) behind Buendia - Watkins/Ings - Bailey!! 🔥 

I think the huge difference this year is in the area that many of us were afraid would be a problem - midfield.  SJM has really sorted himself out and has got his fitness levels right back up; Dougie is back to the Project Restart Dougie; and JJ has matured beyond all hope (although I'm still not sure what he was doing when he fell over when one on one with the keeper - did he stay down because he was so embarrassed?).

On 25/09/2021 at 19:46, Philosopher said:

So can anyone tell me about those 28 Man U shots. I have no idea where that state comes from because I never saw 28 shots!

I'm guess most of them were from over 30 yards out! Or mis-hit crosses.

tenor.gif

I was wondering if they were counting every forward pass in our half as an attempt on goal. 

Seeing the way the media as a whole is shitting on Villa for beating ManUre with the same kind of shithousery and gamesmanship they've been praised for so often in the past and which was such an integral part of the Fergie era, is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Suck it, Sky.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

tenor.gif

I was wondering if they were counting every forward pass in our half as an attempt on goal. 

There was a passage of play which lasted for around 40 seconds probably and I counted them having six shots, all from around the edge of the area and all blocked, it shows how stats can be so misleading in isolation.

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

There was a passage of play which lasted for around 40 seconds probably and I counted them having six shots, all from around the edge of the area and all blocked, it shows how stats can be so misleading in isolation.

Similarly we had a free kick which was on target and deflected wide which they clearly haven't counted as an target attempt. 

I seriously wonder if they even skew the bloody stats in the favour of the big clubs. 

Dust has settled, we got the 3 points and they missed the penalty. But I really dont think that the Hause handball should be considered a penalty. Hes basically stood with his arms where they are, the cross comes in and its deflected on to his arm, which hasn't moved. I wouldnt want to win a penalty in that manner in the same way you dont want to concede one that way.

• Like 1

Â