Pre-match thread

BOF

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Whilst McTominay, Fred and Wan Bissaka give me great confidence that we'll get chances, I have the unshakeable feeling that we'll comfortably lose this.  Ronaldo,  Bruno and Pogba will no doubt do what they always do against us and save Ole from his otherwise terrible selection.

And for just once i'd like a fair game against united, without ref bias and without dodgy decisions. But, Mike Dean,  so never mind 

I have a feeling that it will be 46th time lucky, West spam didnt do a bad job

• Like 1

It's got to be a mental thing hasn't it? Although we go into games against other top teams as underdogs, we give them a game and sometimes get a good result. But I just completely write off the games against this lot. I'd be less surprised by them battering us 8-0 than us nicking a draw.

Having said that, come on you villa boys!

• Like 1

We’re going to lose anyway as it’s Dean but I think I’d take a 3-5 goal thrashing so that even when Dean does screw us over it wouldn’t have changed the result at all. That’s how certain I am of him doing it. 

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's got to be a mental thing hasn't it? Although we go into games against other top teams as underdogs, we give them a game and sometimes get a good result. But I just completely write off the games against this lot. I'd be less surprised by them battering us 8-0 than us nicking a draw.

Having said that, come on you villa boys!

We haven't been too bad at Old Trafford last two seasons. Gave them a very good game last xmas when we were a bit tired and easily could've won in the 2-2 in 19/20. We have a go up there which is all you can ask and don't expect anything different today.

Very much a mental problem at Villa Park games though.

6 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Did i just see Mike Dean is the ref

Utd have been denied a couple of clear pens as late. I back them to have a dodgy pen given against us. 

7 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

We’re going to lose anyway as it’s Dean but I think I’d take a 3-5 goal thrashing so that even when Dean does screw us over it wouldn’t have changed the result at all. That’s how certain I am of him doing it. 

Thought you meant Dean Smith for a second and wondered what was going on! I do agree re Mike Dean though.

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Would be great if one of these celebrated routines actually resulted in a goal, which I believe is the intention!

Currently second to Liverpool in terms of number of goals scored from set pieces.

I think we're listed as having four so far.