Pre-match thread

BOF

I’m somewhat excited for tomorrow. I hope we stick to the same formation as Chelsea with Hause in the team. Mike Dean is just typical. I’m expecting either a penalty, Ronaldo hat-trick, Sancho to “arrive” in the premier league or all three. If we play with the same intensity as we did against Chelsea I don’t think they can handle it. Newcastle looked good against them for spells and scored. They’ve shown in 3/4 games this season that they can be beat and by god I will love it if we beat them. 

C3D3B551-0D63-4BE6-8AE3-3A6EFB4797A2.jpeg

• Like 2

Has anyone heard anything more about Targett? Last I read, he's doubtful tomorrow.

Assuming he doesn't play, I think Deano will play 4-3-3:

Martinez

Cash-Konsa-Mings-Young

Dougie-Ramsey-McGinn

Buendia-Ings-Watkins

Ideally, I'd rather go 4-2-3-1:

Martinez

Cash-Konsa-Mings-Young

Dougie-McGinn

Traore-Buendia-Watkins

Ings

I think it matches up well against Man U's 4-2-3-1 and I think Ramsey needs a break (don't burn out the young player). But I don't think that's what Deano will do.

1 hour ago, TomC said:

Has anyone heard anything more about Targett? Last I read, he's doubtful tomorrow.

Assuming he doesn't play, I think Deano will play 4-3-3:

Martinez

Cash-Konsa-Mings-Young

Dougie-Ramsey-McGinn

Buendia-Ings-Watkins

Ideally, I'd rather go 4-2-3-1:

Martinez

Cash-Konsa-Mings-Young

Dougie-McGinn

Traore-Buendia-Watkins

Ings

I think it matches up well against Man U's 4-2-3-1 and I think Ramsey needs a break (don't burn out the young player). But I don't think that's what Deano will do.

I think he'll go 5 at the back

Every time we play this lot I tell myself that law of averages alone suggests we're due one.

That being said, I fully expect us to more than hold our own for the first 30-40 minutes, only for them to be awarded a nothing penalty that changes the game and sees them go on to cruise to a 3-0 win.

Hope I'm wrong!

5 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Is this match on tv? 

No it's not.

It's only an early kick off as it got moved on relatively short notice because of the Courteeners gig in Manchester.

Not like they'd know about that for months in advance or anything! 

Let’s do this.  Despite the injuries, our bench this season is so much stronger:

Martinez 

Konsa     Mings     Hause     

Cash                      Luiz                  Targett 

Ramsey         McGinn

Ings              Watkins 

Subs:  Steer, Bogarde, Young, Nakamba, Chuk, Buendia, El G, Traore, Archer

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

If I'm not mistaken that's Thorndike, Lindley, Iroegbunam, A Ramsey and Caleb all training with the first team there. Good to see the youngsters being integrated, be interesting to see Archer and Caleb push eachother for that third CF spot as well.

• Like 3

i assume one of the Manure players will once again stamp on one of our players ankles......and get a penalty for it?

Has the dirty Fernandes won a penalty yet this season?

Ronaldo has scored more goals versus Villa than any other PL team.......it is known what will happen.

Sancho hasnt scored in the PL yet, he needs a team to score his first against.....need i say more.

Has Varane scored a goal for Manure yet????

Mike Dean.

This has "dont bother watching it" written all over it.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was fuming that it was moved to early kick off as I have to take my daughter swimming.  Just got an email saying it’s cancelled.

It’s another sign! 

I'm taking the wife for a birthday surprise trip away at a spa in tuscany and kick off is right in the middle of birthday lunch. So I hope I'm going to miss something special!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Let’s do this.  Despite the injuries, our bench this season is so much stronger:

Martinez 

Konsa     Mings     Hause     

Cash                      Luiz                  Targett 

Ramsey         McGinn

Ings              Watkins 

Subs:  Steer, Bogarde, Young, Nakamba, Chuk, Buendia, El G, Traore, Archer

I'd have Mings left, Hause right and Konsa central but that's a good side, if we get on top then Bailey for Targett worked wonders last time...

• Thanks 1