European chase 2021/22

Nigel

40 minutes ago, turvontour said:

The starting eleven we had v Man U, is it still both the youngest and most with homegrown players in the league? 

In terms of age Arsenal have now by far the youngest team that played so far this season. 

We might be the most home grown.

• Like 1

Spurs in their last game were accused of lacking literally everything that we oozed in spades against Utd. It will take a rather large swing of form for us not to get something in that game. The Utd result has given us every reason to think of Europe - no longer a one man team and with options a plenty to choose from. Heard lots of football people talking about Villa now having options and being a growing force, but only just started to believe it in the last few games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Regardless it's a bit early on in the Smith+NSWE+Purslow project to be *expecting* an away win at white hart lane isn't it? We are certainly capable of getting three points there but I'm not going to be disappointed with a point and if we play well and lose that's ok for where we are and what we're currently trying to achieve. Right now it's most important we continue to grow as a team, find our best eleven, our best way of playing and to play good football and create chances. If we do that (or show progress towards those goals) and don't get three points I'm fine with that.

What a good post. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

Regardless it's a bit early on in the Smith+NSWE+Purslow project to be *expecting* an away win at white hart lane isn't it? We are certainly capable of getting three points there but I'm not going to be disappointed with a point and if we play well and lose that's ok for where we are and what we're currently trying to achieve. Right now it's most important we continue to grow as a team, find our best eleven, our best way of playing and to play good football and create chances. If we do that (or show progress towards those goals) and don't get three points I'm fine with that.

Bang on Roma.

There’s a big difference between looking at a game like Spurs away with the form they’re in and thinking that we have a great chance of picking up another 3 points, and being mad at not winning there. I hope we remember that on Sunday!

• Like 1

Absolutely. 

Spurs still have game winners in that team and they need a response after that arsenal defeat. 

We have a great chance of beating them but as long as we continue playing well, I don't think we can moan if we fail to do so. 

Kane could still smash one in from outside the area. Son could have a moment of magic. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Bang on Roma.

There’s a big difference between looking at a game like Spurs away with the form they’re in and thinking that we have a great chance of picking up another 3 points, and being mad at not winning there. I hope we remember that on Sunday!

Exactly. All I want is the excitement of knowing we can win at any ground, or at the very least give as good of an account of ourselves as possible. If we put in a good performance and lose a la at Chelsea, so be it. It's impossible to win every game. Nothing to be mad about.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, a-k said:

Exactly. All I want is the excitement of knowing we can win at any ground, or at the very least give as good of an account of ourselves as possible. If we put in a good performance and lose a la at Chelsea, so be it. It's impossible to win every game. Nothing to be mad about.

This is all I want from my team.

• Like 1

I think that it is always dangerous to expect to win no matter who we are playing in the PL, even Norwich. I think however that we have developed a mentality whereby we believe we can win any game. Saturday will have strengthened that belief hugely. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think that it is always dangerous to expect to win no matter who we are playing in the PL, even Norwich. I think however that we have developed a mentality whereby we believe we can win any game. Saturday will have strengthened that belief hugely. 

Joys of being a mid table team, we can beat anyone but we can lose to anyone too, the next step for us is becoming consistent

I genuinely don't know how we compare home and away either, wouldn't say its making a huge amount of difference to us and we're picking up good results and performances everywhere, at some point that's where the consistency will come, beat spurs at home draw with them away and expect to finish above them, we're not there yet

People must be mad to bet on villa games 

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

Regardless it's a bit early on in the Smith+NSWE+Purslow project to be *expecting* an away win at white hart lane isn't it?

Its a bit of luck we are not playing at White Hart Lane and the game is at The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium 😀

Seriously though, I get your point and on normal circumstances I would agree. But with Kane appeared to be pissed off he did not get Jack's move to City and Nuno looking like he has already lost the dressing room I think we couldn't be playing Spurs at a better time. Yes they could turn it around but they currently look shyte and we currently look great

13 hours ago, Jareth said:

Spurs in their last game were accused of lacking literally everything that we oozed in spades against Utd. It will take a rather large swing of form for us not to get something in that game. The Utd result has given us every reason to think of Europe - no longer a one man team and with options a plenty to choose from. Heard lots of football people talking about Villa now having options and being a growing force, but only just started to believe it in the last few games.

Yeah. We beat a title contender in their ground, without possibly our two best players while keeping clean sheet and completely shutting down arguably the greatest player ever.

I think we are contenders for 5th place, absolutely. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Absolutely. 

Spurs still have game winners in that team and they need a response after that arsenal defeat. 

We have a great chance of beating them but as long as we continue playing well, I don't think we can moan if we fail to do so. 

Kane could still smash one in from outside the area. Son could have a moment of magic. 

How many Spurs players would get in a Villa/Spurs combined eleven? Genuine question. 

I think we should beat them. 

Edited by villalad21

12 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Exactly Dave.

There is no reason why we cannot get the 3pts on Sunday.

Deano done and interview a couple of weeks back where he mentioned we now have to pass a few of the established top 8 teams. (Inc. Everton, Arsenal, Spurs)

We've done it to Everton this season and I see no reason why we also cannot do it to Spurs on Sunday.

If we are serious about finishing in the European places this season then these are the games we need to get points from and I feel we will definately get something out the game for sure.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We've done it to Everton this season and I see no reason why we also cannot do it to Spurs on Sunday.

If we are serious about finishing in the European places this season then these are the games we need to get points from and I feel we will definately get something out the game for sure.

Although we beat their extremely weakened team well, bit premature to say we’ve passed them given that we’re only 6 games into the season and they’re 3 places ahead of us in the table.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Although we beat their extremely weakened team well, bit premature to say we’ve passed them given that we’re only 6 games into the season and they’re 3 places ahead of us in the table.

I never said "we've passed them".

However, we have got a result against them. 

Passing them would be to finish above them in the league this season which was what Deano was alluding to in his interview.

• Like 2

Â