European chase 2021/22

Nigel

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We have an existing squad capable of a top 10 finish as it stands and I think we will make a few additions in January, but I don't think we will need to spend big.

Big question if we have a manager to match that top 10. In my opinion of course.

14 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think the board expect us to challenge for Europe this season. As did all of us fans. 

I think a lot of fans thought that a European challenge wasn't that realistic. Sure, that should be the ambition, but I'd have been content with midtable this season and obviously still will be with Gerrard. 

Great win, but we are still nearer the bottom three than the top six and have a couple of tough games to come. My targets would be safety first (like Villalad21;)), then mid table, an FA Cup run (even a win!) and then almost as difficult as lifting that trophy for an 8th time, European qualification via our final league place. Mid-table would be progress for our new management team, we can hope for more, but we shouldn't start aiming for the stars and making that an expectation, just yet. That said, Europe would be nice.....  

Edited by John

Next 3 games though, Man City, Leicester, and Liverpool. If we can pick up a win or a couple of draws from that run, I'd be delighted.

The last 2 victories have bough tus enough breathing room I think we'll stay clear of the botom 3 even if we lose all 3, but it's a very tough run and we're bound to drop a few places

Â