Weekends Football 17/19 September

andykeenan

15 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think a few mug managers remember Louis van Gaal doing it with Krul and think I'll be a genius if this works.

The difference being that GKs often spend long spells of the game with nothing to do, it's part of the job to be able to just switch on when needed, something outfield players are less acustomed to.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I actually don't think the two Ronaldo pen claims were pens. In both scenarios he was already on the way down before any contact was made, was completely looking for it. 

No doubt he will get them retroactive next weekend. Wonder who they are playing then...

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Can't believe people slagging Ronaldo on here. Is it cause his gone to Man U? It matters nowt, zero, zilch. He is arguably the best player in the world, that ain't gonna change.

Think it's because he's a dislikable prick. 

Dele Alli 26 years old. Should be prime career. He's still got the body of a 14 year old. He's got the legs of a 50 year old. Man looks like he's never stretched a hamstring in his life. He's never been in a gym in his life.

Far be it for me to agree with Jose. He's a lazy word removed. It's clear as day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Can't believe people slagging Ronaldo on here. Is it cause his gone to Man U? It matters nowt, zero, zilch. He is arguably the best player in the world, that ain't gonna change.

Think it's more the hype train from the press since he signed. He's obviously still a great player but this idea he's just going to stroll Man. United to league title is a bit OTT I think as there are simply better all round teams in prem. Said it above but Ronaldo top scorer and Man. United finshing 3rd or 4th and potentially winning nothing would be hilarious and I don't think it's too far fetched so that's the pros and cons of signing him.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Nuno never in a million years a top 4 level manager. Way too defensive. 

Is anyone expecting Spurs to be in the top 4 this season? It'll be their third season out of it, now Man United remember how to play football and Chelsea are back up to speed, I don't see Spurs threaning for a top 4 spot in the next couple of seasons

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Dele Alli 26 years old. Should be prime career. He's still got the body of a 14 year old. He's got the legs of a 50 year old. Man looks like he's never stretched a hamstring in his life. He's never been in a gym in his life.

Far be it for me to agree with Jose. He's a lazy word removed. It's clear as day.

Should take a leaf out of Lingard's book, his best pal.

Â