• Watkins
    • Nakamba (McGinn 40)
    • Bailey (Targett 61)
    • Young (Bailey 82)
    • Traoré (Cash 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/21 at 22:59

17 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Shout out to the ref. No dramas. Let the game flow.

How anyone votes the ref as poor shows some football fans are impossible to please and just like to hate officials. Can’t stand that. 

Yep, unnoticeable which is what they should be.

Banging effort today tho boys, 15 minute spell of pure bliss, Bailey looks like en enigma in every sense of the word.

Well happy chappy here.

Oh, and I called it too in the match thread, as soon as Gomes came on I said we’d win, honestly it’s mental how badly he plays against us, must be a closet fan, I don’t think he touched the ball in 30 mins.

• Like 1

Thought Everton looked to be shutting us out in midfield just before we scored and changed the complexion of the game. 

Bailey's cameo was really something. Ings also showed he is a very good footballer and not just a Darren Bent type. 

Nakamba was also really impressive, releasing Dougie to carry the ball forward. Shout out to Dougie for his corners today too - much more effective than McGinn's. 

The options in this team are really going to start giving Smith headaches moving forward. 

Hopefully Bailey is okay. 

• Like 3

Cash and Bailey scoring their first league goals for the club in the same match... dreamland! 😴😵🤩 

W2 D1 L2, what a beautiful, magnificent, wonderful totally average start to the season!

Today's game has reminded me of Boxing Day 2005 when we beat them 4-0, I bet many of you lot remember that too.

32 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Great result, and we haven’t really got started yet.

However, I felt just as last weeks 3-0 loss was a credit to Smith, I feel our 3-0 win was despite Smith today. Didn’t quite work, Watkins and Ings never in it and that was never the plan surely? Individual brilliance at work today, but that’s why we spent the money.

We feel so much better for our additions, haven’t played our strongest side yet. Wither Grealish….

I have no words for this. Someone help me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Love that today. Quality wasn't always there but we have the squad now to make a real difference in the pivotal moments that decide games. Love that we really went for the kill when ahend  and did so ruthlessly, what sets him apart from many managers we've had in recent memory.

Tough weeks ahead but excited to see what he can do with even an almost full squad at his disposal. Up the Deano. 

Just now, Indigo said:

Love that today. Quality wasn't always there but we have the squad now to make a real difference in the pivotal moments that decide games. Love that we really went for the kill when ahend  and did so ruthlessly, what sets him apart from many managers we've had in recent memory.

Tough weeks ahead but excited to see what he can do with even an almost full squad at his disposal. Up the Deano. 

Yeah I noticed that too. We battered them over and over again even when we were 3-0 up. Absolutely no desire to shut up shop.

Wow, was watching most of first half on a smartphone while on a train. Felt pretty meh after 45 minutes. By the time I got home & switched on the telly all mayhem had been let loose, we were 2-0 up, Ramsey nearly got a third and then Bailey did get a third!

So I really enjoyed the spell of play I didn’t see much of!

Bailey looks like he will tear a few defences in pieces in the coming months. Hope his injury isn’t too bad. 

Probably **** up not taking McGinn off straight away.

Something for the  coaching team to chew on.

Anyway, here’s looking forward to seeing many more Leon Bailey specials!

Â