Deathloop

villa4europe

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Thought I'd start a new thread as for me this has been the game from the launch window and the delays have been shit, finally getting released tomorrow

Its getting 10 out of 10 reviews 

Yeah I'm definitely interested in getting this.  Looks fun. I've seen a few reviews and the lowest score I saw was 8 out of 10. 

21 hours ago, dubbs said:

So who's got it and what's it like? 

Deathloop is incredible. 

The way the gameplay loop ties into the narrative is masterfully done, and at least from my experience it's an addictive gameplay loop. At its core Deathloop is a detective game, but under the surface of that is a very competent stealth action game. Now the gameplay loop is very simple. There are 4 maps, 4 different times of day and your job is to investigate the leads you uncover through playing to hopefully stop the time loop, but it's never that simple and that's where the game gets pretty deep and very interesting.

Deathloop presented itself in the trailers as a roguelike, but from my 7-8 hours with the game that's not entirely accurate. Yes, the day does loop back to the beginning at the end of every day, but it's not like Hades, or Returnal where you're going to be resetting the loop through dying. Now you can die in this game in theory (which would reset the loop), but in my 7-8 hours I haven't come close to dying because that's not the games intention. Deathloop is a time loop stealth action puzzle game and the enemies are merely there to serve as friction as you explore these maps, they're not there to make this game extremely challenging.

That said I won't say much more about Deathloop as it's very easy to get into spoiler territory. This game is meant to be a mystery and the less you know about Deathloop the better. Everything I said above is in the trailers so I feel comfortable talking about that, but anything else might be something that dulls a first impression and I don't want that. Deathloop is fantastic, I am enjoying every minute of it and I think a lot of people would love this game too if they gave it a chance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Picked it up yesterday but only had chance to play for about half an hour.  So far so good,  although far too early to get a proper grasp of it.  Hoping to get a few hours on it later or over the weekend. 

• Like 1

On 15/09/2021 at 15:11, Daweii said:

Deathloop is incredible. 

The way the gameplay loop ties into the narrative is masterfully done, and at least from my experience it's an addictive gameplay loop. At its core Deathloop is a detective game, but under the surface of that is a very competent stealth action game. Now the gameplay loop is very simple. There are 4 maps, 4 different times of day and your job is to investigate the leads you uncover through playing to hopefully stop the time loop, but it's never that simple and that's where the game gets pretty deep and very interesting.

Deathloop presented itself in the trailers as a roguelike, but from my 7-8 hours with the game that's not entirely accurate. Yes, the day does loop back to the beginning at the end of every day, but it's not like Hades, or Returnal where you're going to be resetting the loop through dying. Now you can die in this game in theory (which would reset the loop), but in my 7-8 hours I haven't come close to dying because that's not the games intention. Deathloop is a time loop stealth action puzzle game and the enemies are merely there to serve as friction as you explore these maps, they're not there to make this game extremely challenging.

That said I won't say much more about Deathloop as it's very easy to get into spoiler territory. This game is meant to be a mystery and the less you know about Deathloop the better. Everything I said above is in the trailers so I feel comfortable talking about that, but anything else might be something that dulls a first impression and I don't want that. Deathloop is fantastic, I am enjoying every minute of it and I think a lot of people would love this game too if they gave it a chance.

Deathloop.

Finished Deathloop the other day and loved every minute of it.

The invasion based multiplayer mode is also really fun, I'd suggest people try that if they haven't already.

The more knowledge you have of the maps and the objectives the more effective you are playing as Julianna. The amount of times I have killed someone because I knew exactly where they were headed based on the map, and the time of day has been really cool. I love games that reward players for paying attention and Deathloop is definitely one of them. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Got to admit I'm struggling to really get into this at the moment.  Played it a few times but it's just not doing it for me yet.   I'll give it a few more hours though. 

I'm glad I watched some gameplay videos because although it looks like a very polished game, it didn't look up my street at all.

• Like 2

Arkane are one of those studios that I deeply respect but whose games just leave me completely cold. The first Dishonored was the only game I’ve got more than 25% through, great atmosphere but fell off it quick. I can see they make great games but they ultimately do nothing for me. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Prey is probably in my top 10 all time games.  Most immersed I've been in any FPS other than HL2.

I have an irrational hatred of it as I loved Prey (3d realms) and was looking forward to Prey 2 then that got cancelled and this other new Prey game came along in its place and I just didn’t like the cut of its jib. 

It probably should have been called something else, it is a totally different IP really.

Back OT from what I've seen from vids and whatnot this looks like the first game that's gonna make me itching to jump to the next gen. If I could find any stock, that is.

• Like 1

Ploughed a few more hours into it but something wasn't clicking for me so it's been traded in.  Was going to get Ghosts of Tsushima but not paying £70 for it.  Got a few other things on the go and waiting for the new Battlefield when it's out next year. 

• Like 1

I've put about 4-5 hours into it, and so far, I'm not feeling it either. I played Outer Wilds a few months ago and absolutely adored its timeloop concept, but tacking a shite shooter onto it with easy combat and almost no enemy diversity really wasn't needed

If you like the idea of time loops, play Outer Wilds instead.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Â