Weekends Football 10/12 September

andykeenan

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Ronaldo scoring a tap in while people acting like he scored a worldie 

A goal is a goal. It was inevitable he would score today. 

Just watching MOTD. My smug-bastard-cringeometer just went off the scale during the Man U game. I know he's talented and that, but the Newcastle goalie has made two massive mistakes which gifted Ronnie-resting-bitch-face two goals. From the commentary you'd think humanity had just cured cancer or solved climate change. Ugh. Feel sick, man.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Just watching MOTD. My smug-bastard-cringeometer just went off the scale during the Man U game. I know he's talented and that, but the Newcastle goalie has made two massive mistakes which gifted Ronnie-resting-bitch-face two goals. From the commentary you'd think humanity had just cured cancer or solved climate change. Ugh. Feel sick, man.

I struggle with him because I get that as a genuine contender for the greatest footballer not only of his generation but of all time, there''s definitely the right to have a certain degree of arrogance, but I find him just completely dislikable even compared to other elite sportsmen. You can't deny his talent, or how hard he works both onn the pitch and off it, but I do begrudge him his success because he just seems like a massive bellend. I'll admit that part of it might be because he has a habit of ripping his shirt of to reveal he's built like a greek god, whereas Messi wouldn't look out of place sat on the street with a stray dog. :P 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I struggle with him because I get that as a genuine contender for the greatest footballer not only of his generation but of all time, there''s definitely the right to have a certain degree of arrogance, but I find him just completely dislikable even compared to other elite sportsmen. You can't deny his talent, or how hard he works both onn the pitch and off it, but I do begrudge him his success because he just seems like a massive bellend. I'll admit that part of it might be because he has a habit of ripping his shirt of to reveal he's built like a greek god, whereas Messi wouldn't look out of place sat on the street with a stray dog. :P 

You summed up my feelings exactly. I try everything to not dislike people as a rule, but he is so fundamentally dislikeable and smug. As you say, respect his talent, but almost uniquely amongst elite sportsmen and women I find him unbearable to watch. 

He's the Oasis of sport. 

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I can't watch it, occasionally I will when Villa win but for the most part it's shit.

Â