Weekends Football 10/12 September

andykeenan

My brother sent me a video of it but it's to see how he's done it

You can tackle from behind but you can't tackle through the man, that's one of those wording of the rules things that is misinterpreted 

The video doesn't make it look like the bad tackle that it obviously was, he wins the ball cleanly by the looks of it but that's another one of the football rule wording thing

if you win the ball with your front foot but your trailing leg breaks the other guys ankle then of course it's a red card still 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Lad took that like a trooper even applauding the crowd as he was carried off.  Might still be in shock

Don't they get painkillers straight away? Cant imagine the adrenaline supresses it for anything but short moment.

7 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

No idea what Klopp is moaning about. The player got sent off, that’s it.

Unless he wanted 2 Leeds players sent off for it.

I think it's more generally against the new policy of allowing stronger challenges this season.  He was complaining about it after a match against Burnley from what I remember.

I'm not sure it's one I'd put down to over aggression - it's a foul, he's caught him but there's no intent to do damage, it's just the motion of turning by the defender that leaves his trailing leg exactly where Harvey doesn't need it to be. For me it''s not a 'new rules' problem, it's an unfortunate incident in a tackle. I'd be edging toward a yellow personally.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure it's one I'd put down to over aggression - it's a foul, he's caught him but there's no intent to do damage, it's just the motion of turning by the defender that leaves his trailing leg exactly where Harvey doesn't need it to be. For me it''s not a 'new rules' problem, it's an unfortunate incident in a tackle. I'd be edging toward a yellow personally.

It’s the leaving the floor that’s the problem, he goes through the back of Elliott in order to steal the ball from behind but in the process lands his full weight on his legs. It’s dangerous play for me.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It’s the leaving the floor that’s the problem, he goes through the back of Elliott in order to steal the ball from behind but in the process lands his full weight on his legs. It’s dangerous play for me.

I don't think he goes through the back of him with the tackle initially, his leg looks like he's gone down the side of him to try to get to the ball, but he turns as tries it and when he eventually makes the contact that causes the injury he's pretty much got his back to Elliott. It's a scruffy challenge, but it's not an out of control lunge. 

From the angle I've seen I'd say yellow, but it's difficult without seeing other angles or replays - Sky need to grow a pair, it's a broken ankle, nobody died - show us the challenge and let us decide it we want to watch it.

Â