Buying Tickets - am I missing a trick here ?

Paul33

Villa fan in exile here but make the 200 mile round trip to Villa Park with my Villa mad daughter as often as I can ..... so we both have years of booking history.

This year, I'm a Claret Club member too as I figured it would make buying tickets a little more relaxed !

I logged on about 90 seconds after tickets went on sale (for Claret members) yesterday afternoon and there were virtually none left as in no pairs of seats together ..... especially on the Holte. Elsewhere there were restricted views but that was about it.

When I found a pair near the player tunnel - rubbish seats but was desperate - I couldn't get a seat for my daughter as she is not a Claret member so I had to give up.

Am I missing a trick here or is it basically impossible to get a pair of seats now unless you are a season ticket holder ...... even if you are both Claret members ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Villa fan in exile here but make the 200 mile round trip to Villa Park with my Villa mad daughter as often as I can ..... so we both have years of booking history.

This year, I'm a Claret Club member too as I figured it would make buying tickets a little more relaxed !

I logged on about 90 seconds after tickets went on sale (for Claret members) yesterday afternoon and there were virtually none left as in no pairs of seats together ..... especially on the Holte. Elsewhere there were restricted views but that was about it.

When I found a pair near the player tunnel - rubbish seats but was desperate - I couldn't get a seat for my daughter as she is not a Claret member so I had to give up.

Am I missing a trick here or is it basically impossible to get a pair of seats now unless you are a season ticket holder ...... even if you are both Claret members ?

i  believe you both need to be claret members, so unless you get a cub/little villan membership for her too, you will need to take your chances on general sale on the 14th.

if you do get her a membership, show a bit of patience, and keep checking the site because resale is currently open for season ticket holders. you'll see them pop up regularly and you'll almost certainly find a decent pair of seats in the holte eventually

• Like 1

As a season ticket holder last year whenever I wanted to take my nephew (who was a cub member) I'd have to to move to the Upper Trinity to get two seats together - on match days now the vast majority of the lower bowl is season ticket holders as is the middle level of the Trinity Road and the Holte End. Oddly, the atmosphere in the Upper Trinity has improved a little, because most of the people up there are really excited to be there.

It's worth remembering that we have almost 30,000 season ticket holders in a ground where around 38,000 seats are available to paying home fans. It's almost 80% season ticket holders for a Premier League game - and of those 8,000 tickets that season ticket holders don't own, I'd reckon almost half are in the Upper Trinity.

If you're both members you should be able to find two seats together if you regularly visit the website, or telephone the ticket office and let them know that you're looking for that, if it's you and a child I'm sure they'd try to be helpful - even if it does have to be in the Upper Trinity - good luck and I hope it works out for you!

5 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Elsewhere there were restricted views but that was about it.

Out of interest, where are the restricted views now in Villa Park?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Paul33 said:

As others have said you both need to be members and if so there's plenty of tickets available at present in the Upper Trinity in particular.

Failing that you could wait for the small chance that they make general sale but you'd be lucky!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

think they're towards the sides of some stands. right at the far side of the upper trinity (i think) by the north stand i think might block part of the pitch. think the lower holte right by the doug ellis also might be classed as restricted

There is a always a bunch of seats right in the corner of the lower Holte to DE which they never seem to sell now. The view can't be that bad is it? Offer a fiver off for the view and that is a  couple of hundred extra seats per game to sale. Villa Park does not have any  comically restricted views like some older grounds like Goodison or Loftus Road.

On 07/09/2021 at 16:09, OutByEaster? said:

Some of the higher railings count as restricted view.   Technically you won't be able to see the whole pitch whilst sitting down as a metal bar will be in your vision.

But it's not that bad at all.   Kids might find it slightly more restricted view as it would be more on their eyeline to the pitch.

• Like 3

On 07/09/2021 at 10:47, Paul33 said:

Something's not right, as there were hundreds of seats available together, especially in the Upper Trinity stands.  Did you click on those areas of the stadium?

Even now 4 days later, there are 350 tickets together in block A5, you could buy 25 tickets in a row if you wanted to.

Edited by ender4

On 08/09/2021 at 08:46, The Fun Factory said:

There is a always a bunch of seats right in the corner of the lower Holte to DE which they never seem to sell now. The view can't be that bad is it? Offer a fiver off for the view and that is a  couple of hundred extra seats per game to sale. Villa Park does not have any  comically restricted views like some older grounds like Goodison or Loftus Road.

I'm always amazed they don't just remove those seats or do a bit of work around there so the seats are at least raised so they're level with rest of the Holte.

Think they're classed as restricted due to the low Witton curving around but sat very close a few years back and there are certainly worse views at VP.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

About 1,600 left at the moment - so far this season it looks like 2,500 ish get through to general sale for each game.

I thought it used to be 8,000 under Premier League rules?

10 minutes ago, Louis said:

I thought it used to be 8,000 under Premier League rules?

I don't think there's ever been any ruling from the league on tickets going to general sale, there are minimums on away allocations, but that's the only thing I'm aware of.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think there's ever been any ruling from the league on tickets going to general sale, there are minimums on away allocations, but that's the only thing I'm aware of.

Oh ok.

On 11/09/2021 at 20:29, sharkyvilla said:

I've got next Friday and Saturday off work and really want to go up to the Everton game.  Bit ashamed to say I've never seen a PL game at Villa Park!  I guess I'd be lucky to get a ticket on general sale on Wednesday.

I'd very surprised if you can't get a ticket or two. Set your alarm when they go on sale! 

On 11/09/2021 at 20:29, sharkyvilla said:

I've got next Friday and Saturday off work and really want to go up to the Everton game.  Bit ashamed to say I've never seen a PL game at Villa Park!  I guess I'd be lucky to get a ticket on general sale on Wednesday.

Especially when the tickets go on sale today not Wednesday. 

Got 3, Jesus that fan Id linking is an absolute shit show. 

Edited by Nicho

Â