lexicon

Just saw him playing in goal for the England U19s and found he didn't have a thread yet. 

I also thought he wasn't English, but it seems that he switched allegiance from Poland lately? Saw that on transfermarkt but don't know for sure.

• Like 1

https://omni-sports.co.uk/filip-marschall/

Filip Marschall was snapped up by Aston Villa as a 15-year-old in 2018, from non-league Cambridge City.

Born in 2003, Marschall has regular match experience at Under-18 Premier League and Premier League 2 level.

To add, the stopper – who has has both English and Polish citizenship – also helped the young Villans win the FA Youth Cup in 2021 – in which he kept goal as his side beat Liverpool 2-1.

• Like 2

He's been involved with England since at least U16 level, but also qualifies for Poland. I've seen him interviewed and he sounds about as English as you can get, which would suggest he was either born here or moved here at a very early age.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Looks like he is still stretching heightwise, I didn't think he was that tall or maybe it is just the camera angle.

looks like he is the only one of the 5 standing on the stepped cerb part, that will add a couple of inches for sure.

But even with that, he looks a similar height to Martinez.

Google has Marschall as 6ft 4, and Martinez at 6ft 4 also (although some have Emi as 6ft 3 and a half)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Â