Jump to content

January Transfer Window - 2022

Topic will be automatically locked at 23:59


MaVilla
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

White is 23, if we sold Mings next summer he will be 29. 

We wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting anything close to 60m/70m next summer for Mings

At 29, he has a good five years of top level football left. Absolute madness to sell him. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I agree. We should bring in competition for him so that we upgrade on Hause. More born out the fact Axel-Hause looked quite ropey v Barrow at times, I feel like Hause is the one that starts to look out of place in the squad. A young highly rated CB to replace Hause and provide genuine competition to Mings would be ideal.

Hause hasn't done badly when called upon either to be fair, but he's never going to challenge Mings, having them both around + a newbie might also allow us to be more fluid positionally and go 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 if that turns out to be best way of getting Ings and Watkins firing together. (For the odd game).

I'd never sell Mings though in the next 2 or 3 seasons, so important to the culture of the squad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I doubt we'd have made Mings captain if the plan was to replace him with a "name" within 2 or 3 seasons.

Konsa will be the one that would require a replacement like Tarkowski if a Sky 6 club came at took him. I dont see Mings getting a "better" club than us in the next 2 or 3 seasons

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
7 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I doubt we'd have made Mings captain if the plan was to replace him with a "name" within 2 or 3 seasons.

Konsa will be the one that would require a replacement like Tarkowski if a Sky 6 club came at took him. I dont see Mings getting a "better" club than us in the next 2 or 3 seasons

Yeah I 100% agree with that. I feel Mings is at the point of his career that he will happily see out the rest of it here. Konsa I think is under the same agents as Grealish, so with that in mind I can't see him being here in 2-3 seasons time if he continues to improve.

Edited by NeilS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
2 hours ago, lexicon said:

At 29, he has a good five years of top level football left. Absolute madness to sell him. 

Playing at the top level and consistently up to 34 maybe be pushing it a little. I know some have done it but more players don't manage to do it. Why would it be mad to sell Mings for some decent money and reinvest in a younger player with the potential to increase in value. Financially it makes a lot of sense. It is not like Mings would be irreplaceable. He is a very good player but he is not world class. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
48 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I doubt we'd have made Mings captain if the plan was to replace him with a "name" within 2 or 3 seasons.

 

I doubt it too but I wouldn't rule it out. Also, I am not suggesting replacing him with a 'name' I am suggesting replacing him with a younger, better player with more potential.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
42 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I feel Mings is at the point of his career that he will happily see out the rest of it here.

That's why I would like to see him sold. We shouldn't be letting player's contracts expire and then losing them on a free or see them retiring. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yeah I agree. We should bring in competition for him so that we upgrade on Hause. More born out the fact Axel-Hause looked quite ropey v Barrow at times, I feel like Hause is the one that starts to look out of place in the squad. A young highly rated CB to replace Hause and provide genuine competition to Mings would be ideal.

Hause hasn't done badly when called upon either to be fair, but he's never going to challenge Mings, having them both around + a newbie might also allow us to be more fluid positionally and go 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 if that turns out to be best way of getting Ings and Watkins firing together. (For the odd game).

I'd never sell Mings though in the next 2 or 3 seasons, so important to the culture of the squad

Do not see issue with Hause at all 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hause is a cracking 4th choice CB in my book. He rarely lets us down and there was an argument he should have kept his place in the side after some good performances las year.

It will be interesting to see what they do in the Summer re. CB position. I think they're hoping Bogarde can step up as 4th choice maybe and sign Tuanzebe on a permanent? Either way, I think Hause may leave either in Jan or in the Summer and he'll need replacing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

Playing at the top level and consistently up to 34 maybe be pushing it a little. I know some have done it but more players don't manage to do it. Why would it be mad to sell Mings for some decent money and reinvest in a younger player with the potential to increase in value. Financially it makes a lot of sense. It is not like Mings would be irreplaceable. He is a very good player but he is not world class. 

Mings key attribute in our team is his leadership, I underestimated just how important it was to us when he was out last season. We don’t need to think about selling him just yet, there’s enough clubs in that league who would gladly take him off our hands for a decent fee I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

That's why I would like to see him sold. We shouldn't be letting player's contracts expire and then losing them on a free or see them retiring. 

Sometimes a player is worth more to the squad than what we would receive in a fee. I think @Woody1000 has summed it up nicely with the point on his leadership qualities and character within the squad. I wouldn't totally be against Mings staying here for the remainder of his career if he stays fit and offers good form in return. As he gets older you would look to supplement his position in the squad with a younger player to compete with and learn from.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Can see Celtic or Rangers after him in January. Free deal for them in the summer.

I don't think he'll go anywhere in January. We have an option to extend his contract by a year, so I fully expect us to take that up so he can't leave on a free. We might still sell him next summer though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Do not see issue with Hause at all 

No issue, he just starts to look out of place next season  if we achieve our objectives this season. I wouldn't move him on or sell him at all. He's superb value and doesn't let us down. I'm more thinking I'd never see him replacing Mings and worth us having somebody who can push him

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

No issue, he just starts to look out of place next season  if we achieve our objectives this season. I wouldn't move him on or sell him at all. He's superb value and doesn't let us down. I'm more thinking I'd never see him replacing Mings and worth us having somebody who can push him

Long game Eh 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Really? I think he’s a good player. 

He’s ok but reminds me of that kind of player whose good next to a quality defender…the Gomez next to VVD or the Lindelof next to Maguire.  He’s young so has time and is solid but I don’t see the potential to be top draw at the moment..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

So we are to believe that after not signing him this summer we are now desperate to buy Weston McKennie in January - me smells BS Clickbait … Laughable really - until you think someone has been paid to write such shite. 
 

Think We’ll go big depending on what’s deals are out there - similar to Sanson and also depending on any long term injuries. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
Â