January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Must we really dedicate another transfer window thread to Tammy Abraham after he's just moved clubs.

Great idea let’s do it and gives thanks to you in every comment about Tammy for suggesting the idea.

• Like 1

Wonder why we didn't push hard for McKennie on last day of the window if he's going to be genuine January target. Seems Juventus would've been happy to let him go.

And mind boggles as to why Tammy who's started very well at Roma will last just 6 months there and come to us in Jan. I mean signing Ings has ruled us signing another striker for a long while so don't get that link at all.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Great idea let’s do it and gives thanks to you in every comment about Tammy for suggesting the idea.

I agree.

It's great to see such great ideas from Sam.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Wonder why we didn't push hard for McKennie on last day of the window if he's going to be genuine January target. Seems Juventus would've been happy to let him go.

And mind boggles as to why Tammy who's started very well at Roma will last just 6 months there and come to us in Jan. I mean signing Ings has ruled us signing another striker for a long while so don't get that link at all.

Oh yeah sorry forgot no one ever gets injured at Villa, we have terminators and no furnace in sight.

Edited by Dave-R

4 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Tarkowski on a free?

I did think that too! CB will be an interesting one, by next year we'll have to do something to freshen it up but Mings is captain. Tarkowski is a good free for somebody and would certainly upgrade on Hause. I'm in two minds as to whether Tarkowski would want a starting role and go midtable where there's a gap or whether he'll be happy as a strong backup

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Wonder why we didn't push hard for McKennie on last day of the window if he's going to be genuine January target

I would suspect it is because he is not a genuine target for January and the tabloids have **** all to write about so make up stories

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I respect your view but thank god you have no control over our recruitment!

We would be either European Champions, Premier League Champions and winner's of the Carabao and FA Cups if I was in charge of transfers. Alternatively, we could be in the Championship trying to avoid relegation and NSWE would be looking for the exit door. I feel it would be the former 😃

10 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I would like to sell Mings next summer. I know he is our captain and he has been great for us. But he is coming to an age where his value will plummet. He is also prone to the odd lack of concentration and error. If we could sell him for 20m next summer I would jump at it and put it towards a younger, better player for about 40m. Bring in Tarkowski on a free for a bit of solidity and experience and I would be a happy camper. Tarkowski would be serious competition for a starting birth which would make our CB pairing very strong. I think Tarkowski would be easy to sign. I can't imagine him being on too much money at Burnley and I am sure he would jump at 4m/5m a year to play for a high profile team looking to get into Europe

£20 million? Pardon? You do know that Arsenal have just paid £50 million for Ben White who is down the pecking order at England and has played  1 season of Premier League football?

If Mings was sold it would therefore have to be north of 50 mil. 60-70 mil and the club might think about it.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

£20 million? Pardon? You do know that Arsenal have just paid £50 million for Ben White who is down the pecking order at England and has played  1 season of Premier League football?

White is 23, if we sold Mings next summer he will be 29. 

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If Mings was sold it would therefore have to be north of 50 mil. 60-70 mil and the club might think about it.

We wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting anything close to 60m/70m next summer for Mings

32 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Defenders can play well into their 30s. A asking price of 20 million for Mings is quite frankly ludicrous.  He is our club captain and now probably our most marketable player.

Mings didn't start playing regularly again until 25, he could play for another decade

I would be comfortable selling Mings for £50m or more next summer if we signed a better, younger centreback. He is a very good stopper, but I think there are more rounded centrebacks, I would like to see someone with a better range of passing for distribution.

However he does offer that senior figure head, he's been in the trenches with us too, I think thats important in a squad. I would also suggest however that Villa is 'his club' - it would surprise me if he agitated a move elsewhere, he has grown into the player he is here. I just cant see a top 4-6 club coming in for him, I think he is here until he is in his early 30's and thats a good thing.

Edited by thunderball