January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

20 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Yeah he will score a ton of goals at Roma, then Villa will go buy him for even more than he would of first cost.

We should of just bought him soon as Chelsea said he were for sale and I question those that didn't want him here.

He could of been big at Villa and would of been but the ones who didn't want him to come back have gone silent, especially the person who said he was shit lol.

Thing is Roma would now want a fortune for him and I'm not sure were going to be paying 60 million plus for him as they'd want there money back and then some.

I think only chance to sign him would be him flop and we get at cut price.

We don't need Tammy and we should be buying better strikers that him when we do get a new striker. Both Ollie and Ings are better for Villa now and Tammy needs far too many chances to convert. It appears the people that count at Villa also understand this so I really don't expect to see Tammy at Villa Park again unless he is playing for the away team

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, thabucks said:

Some tasty bosmans next summer … Think we need to start exploiting this market as they’ll be done cut price deals to be done in January  …

Although they are theoretically free, the good quality Bosman's don't work out that way. Players know their worth and agents ensure sign on bonus, agent fees and wages are inflated to reflect the lack of transfer fee. 

14 hours ago, sne said:

Definitely think we should sign the Azerbaijan national team goalkeeper. Never seen him play I think but his name is Shahrudin Mahammadaliyev so I kinda feel we need him.

As a GK I expect he is tall so he would probably fit in perfectly as a new DM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

We don't need Tammy and we should be buying better strikers that him when we do get a new striker. Both Ollie and Ings are better for Villa now and Tammy needs far too many chances to convert. It appears the people that count at Villa also understand this so I really don't expect to see Tammy at Villa Park again unless he is playing for the away team

Tammy is a very good striker and he could of equally done the job that Ings is doing or Watkins does. We may not need him now but in a season or more who knows. I think the whole Tammy needs alot of chances to score is a soft excuse at not bringing him here by some of you, our existing strikers go through this same process. Unless you watching Tammy week in week out, then saying Tammy needs alot of chances to score is pretty a pretty lame reason not to bring an ace player to Villa if ever we find ourselves needing another striker down the line.

So if Tammy does play for the away team your really saying he'd be coming back to the premier and be on the away side. It's like your saying no way in a hells chance we would ever bring him here, which you can never say neverunless you have magical forsight. You can be assured that if he does well at Roma then some of the teams who are above us in this league season after this season may want his services. I wouldn't put it past our club to keep an eye on Tammy. When Ings slows down or shows signs of it in some seasons, we will have to find that next striker, Tammy would be even more seasoned. Maybe Tammy will look for a return to the prem then and we may be one of the clubs to go try pick him up, we just don't know.

Some actual January news?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/16053703/aston-villa-weston-mckennie-transfer-juventus-janiuary/?utm_campaign=native_share&utm_source=sharebar_native&utm_medium=sharebar_native

BEST WESTON 

Aston Villa chasing transfer for American Juventus midfielder Weston McKennie, 23, in January

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

January

McKennie (£30m?) & sign Kamara on a pre-contract for the summer and I'd be very happy.

Summer

Kamara & Johnstone on frees

Tuanzebe on a perm, £15m (?). A Hause upgrade that can compete with Mings (£20-30m) and a fullback £15-20m

Sell Trezeguet, Nakamba and (if he doesn't sign a new contract) Luiz. £40-50m for the 3? . Maybe AEG and replace with Cantwell (Norwich have one year option so would have to buy) ideally at £0 net.

£95m out, £50m in

lineup 2.png

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

January

McKennie (£30m?) & sign Kamara on a pre-contract for the summer and I'd be very happy.

Summer

Kamara & Johnstone on frees

Tuanzebe on a perm, £15m (?). A Hause upgrade that can compete with Mings (£20-30m) and a fullback £15-20m

Sell Trezeguet, Nakamba and (if he doesn't sign a new contract) Luiz. £40-50m for the 3? . Maybe AEG and replace with Cantwell (Norwich have one year option so would have to buy) ideally at £0 net.

£95m out, £50m in

lineup 2.png

Welcome to Football Manager. 

I like the sentiment, but this sort of changeover in January just isn’t possible. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think the lack of communication from the club about the January transfer window is an embarrassment.  

Us fans deserve to know what is going on.  

It’s total silence from the club on this topic, something doesn’t feel right.

You being serious or taking the piss?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Tammy is a very good striker and he could of equally done the job that Ings is doing or Watkins does. We may not need him now but in a season or more who knows. I think the whole Tammy needs alot of chances to score is a soft excuse at not bringing him here by some of you, our existing strikers go through this same process. Unless you watching Tammy week in week out, then saying Tammy needs alot of chances to score is pretty a pretty lame reason not to bring an ace player to Villa if ever we find ourselves needing another striker down the line.

So if Tammy does play for the away team your really saying he'd be coming back to the premier and be on the away side. It's like your saying no way in a hells chance we would ever bring him here, which you can never say neverunless you have magical forsight. You can be assured that if he does well at Roma then some of the teams who are above us in this league season after this season may want his services. I wouldn't put it past our club to keep an eye on Tammy. When Ings slows down or shows signs of it in some seasons, we will have to find that next striker, Tammy would be even more seasoned. Maybe Tammy will look for a return to the prem then and we may be one of the clubs to go try pick him up, we just don't know.

I agree Tammy is a good player but I don't believe he is good enough for AVFC and where we are going. He is a completely different striker to Ollie and doesn't do anything like the job Ollie does on the pitch. Danny Ings is a far more accomplished finisher than Tammy and as such the likelihood is that Ings will score more goals for Villa in the next two season that Tammy would. As much as I love Tammy for his time at Villa I see no objective reason why we would want Tammy at Villa this season. Yes, I would take him on the bench ahead of Davis but I am being realistic as opposed to fantasy stuff. 

I am not saying he will come back to the PL. He can play at Villa Park in a European game. If Tammy does extremely well at Roma he will increase in value and then I would see Chelsea buying him back. When Ings slows down it will be interesting to see what Villa do then but that is still a while away yet and who knows what will happen between now and then. We could have a different Head Coach, we could be in Europe and able to attract higher quality players or we have have unearthed and goal machine from our youth setup.